Anger Management

Nick I've let you down today.

Driving home from what was a crap day at work and sitting stationary in traffic in the CBD in grid lock. Cyclist cuts between my car and the one in front and cycles into the front of mine. I get out of the car as he tries to take off and I give him a total serving. Pull him back towards my car as I'm telling him he has displayed no courtesy in seeing if he scratched my car with his pedals etc and we enter an argument.

Short story is I thought of you guys about my behavior. As I was in a P I was immediately left to feel like I was being arrogant, however, regardless of what I was driving I would have reacted that way as he illegally used the road and collided with me - then thought of Nick calmly " letting it go" and thought your a better man than me.

Now to top it off I'm home to a 5 hour power cut - can't go to the local as that's been shut due to the black out and my beers in the fridge are all warm. Luckily I've got a new bottle of Chivas to get into.

Guest Nick987

Ahhh...cyclists!

Law unto themselves...should have to wear rego tags (sorry James)...

First step is awareness my friend...

You did great. Hope your ride is ok an unmarked. Funny thing is I been drivin miss daisy all week making sure all intact for tomorrow!

Bet he was a hipster riding a fixie :D

Stroke of genius having a Chivas to plan b the warm uns from a blackout!

Man you know how to live up there...

And you know it ain't a comp! In the famous words of Jules...Yolanda! Just be cool!

Nick, let's not try the very tired rego argument - it doesn't stand up for a whole bunch of reasons.

The guy was being an ass-hat, end of. Whether he was riding illegally or not is irrelevant, he was being an ass-hat, and for that he deserves all the vitriol that can be poured upon him.

Doish, you were completely in the right to tear him a new one. The guy was inconsiderate and added cowardice to that. I hope you got his details.

Touched on an interesting point here.

When training for my annual Syd-Bris charity cycle each year I tend to cycle to work as it gets me more time in the saddle for training. Ironically when I heard the rego plan I yelled and screamed stating it was a load of revenue raising nonsense. However after yesterday I'm now not too sure. I DID ask him for ID and he just stated he had none which I'm sure is bollocks however what can one do - frisk him and risk being charged fir assult? ... and I did find a small scratch from this twats pedals - sure it's just a stone chip sized scratch however this car just had loads spent on the body. Worst of all he chose not to ride in the cycle lane which was 3 meters away however thought he would cut traffic.

My point here as a cyclist, driver and motorbike rider (my daily commute) is that if you chose to use the road - obey the rules. This includes stopping at red lights and holding onto other vehicles for momentum. I like Nicks take a photo of him idea. Name and shame and no doubt someone will know him (it's only a small country) and then when he complains I get him to pay for a number resprayed as why should I now drive around with patchy paint as it never touches up the same as a full respray

Guest Nick987

This is a no winner here folks. James, I ride a pushy for a bit of fun and excercise and the thought of reg just makes me feel shitty.

But let's face it, people don't do the right thing and we have no way of identifying them. What other option is there?

The cops do jack (pun intended I know) and the courts here are making it easier to claim damages if you can identify the idiot.

Hate to say but all roads lead to Rome fellas, just a matter of time before reg for a pushy happens.

Guest Nick987

I know how you feel JJ. Some are just feral. I have to park on st Kilda rd alot and they are always flying past and abusing me as I am getting in and out of my car rather than slowing down and carefully passing (would hate for their average speed to drop).

I always look behind so I don't door them and am very cautious when parking to not cut one off but the s*#t I cop is just unacceptable.

I wonder if some of the violence some of them experience isn't brought upon themselves by people with no tolerance for abusive language and/or behaviour.

Probably what happened to Warnie, and being a celeb an easy target.

Still, I am really reluctant to get physical and end up on assault charges for one of those f*#£s. can see it now...'P driver assaults cyclist, causing uproar and peak hour chaos, news at 6.'

Still, I am really reluctant to get physical and end up on assault charges for one of those f*#£s. can see it now...'P driver assaults cyclist, causing uproar and peak hour chaos, news at 6.'

P driver cops it yet again!! You're not far off wrong Nick. I am seeing a pattern. A conspiracy against P drivers!

i would have whacked that fkn cyclist! i have zero tolerance for morons damaging my car

Hey JJ. Don't be so intolerant. Take a deep breath. Ahhh, that's better!

Now let's find out where the pr*ck lives, put on some balaclavas, steal a couple of Ferraris and beat the living crap out of him.

That way, no one sees you and the Ferrari drivers get the blame. Genius if you ask me!!!!!!!

Archived