Question 2014 ,15 GT3 Owners

Raven

I have a question for all 2014 and 2015 GT3 owners ...Australian delivery C23 CARS

As many know the the E and F series GT3 engine has  a design issue the can result in premature  wear in the camshaft and valve train area ,,,Porsche is aware of this on going issue and as a result of this have given owners of these cars and extended warranty of 10 years or 120 000 miles ...

My Question to Australian owners is ..............Do Australian delivery cars also get this warranty extension like the  North American owners .........???

Letter to a North American owner ...

Dear Mr. XXX
We are writing with pleasure to inform you of an enhancement to your New Vehicle Limited Warranty on your 2015 Porsche 911 GT3 model having Vehicle Identification Number (XXX). In addition to the bumper-to-bumper coverage, which you have for four years from your vehicle's original in-service date, or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, we are extending the coverage on your vehicle's engine. 

Effective at once, the limited warranty on all your vehicle's internal engine components continues for ten years from your vehicle's original in-service date, up to 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

All other terms and conditions of your New Vehicle Limited Warranty remain unchanged and still apply as they appear in the Porsche Warranty Booklet that came with your GT3 model. You do not need to do anything in order to place this extension into effect; we already have applied it to your vehicle. This extended engine coverage, like all other terms and conditions of the Porsche New Vehicle Limited Warranty, are transferable to subsequent owners. Please keep this letter in your Porsche Warranty Booklet and ensure that it remains with your Porsche GT3 should you sell it.

You selected a flagship Porsche model and we are committed to offering you a delightful and worry-free ownership experience. All of us at Porsche appreciate your business and your loyalty.

Sincerely yours,

Glenn Garde
Vice President, Customer Relations

For any with modified cars, which don't qualify for warranty, Performance Developments has a solution available (which is much better than what is currently offered by the factory).

I am looking at a low klm 2015 GT3 very tempted to pull the trigger just need to find out if the extended factory warranty applies on Aus delivery cars also ,,,may have to contact my local dealer and confirm this ...

2 minutes ago, Raven said:

I am looking at a low klm 2015 GT3 very tempted to pull the trigger just need to find out if the extended factory warranty applies on Aus delivery cars also ,,,may have to contact my local dealer and confirm this ...

I would call Porsche

But remember you can always put an extended warranty on any Porsche thats less than 100,00km and under 9 years old, it just needs to be run through the warranty check (they could do that as part of the PPI).

Sorry if I am telling you to suck eggs

• 2 weeks later...

Before getting my .2 allocation I too was in the same boat looking to by a 14/15 model Gt3

was told by  Porsche dealer  that it would be covered on the basis of the global directive with the extra zero cost warranty extension.

nothing in writing though and being verbal I'd want to verify it if I was still considering one.

I was also told by my local dealer over the phone that the warranty was  global and covered all 14 / 15 GT3 ,,,,,but as you have said I too would want some thing in writing regarding this ...:)

Archived