2002 Porsche Boxster S 90k with chocolate milk in coolant. looking to sell as is cheap

Adam Green

I bought a 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.2 from NSW for 27k about 8 months ago and it is in very good condition and has clear glass roof panel and clear headlights, Boxster S alloys and good condition black duco. Everything works perfectly and is a great car.

Was in process of changing over rego when the dreaded chocolate milk in the overflow appeared and a tapping noise low down.  Car still starts and drives ( although have not driven it).

I have a quote from Nick from Cascone Moorabbin has suggested new engine and has quoted 12k for swap over.

The short of it is I am not prepared to spend 12k on top of the 27k and am thinking of selling the car as is for 8k.

Meaning someone would get a ripper condition 3.2 S for 20k and as you all know this is about 5k less than most out there.

I am testing the waters to see if this would interest anyone before exploring other options.

Also have personalised plates o986S.

Adam 0438317314

yes its a 6 speed manual and would pass any test - apart from engine.  Yes I have driven it onto the tow truck last saturday - hence the diagnosis from Nick at Cascone Auto Sport

Its most likely cracked cylinder head, but there is a noise from the block too apparently - so Nick thought better to replace engine for another 3.2

Hang on, so before you know exactly what is wrong with it and from one persons guess (that may well be founded and be by a reputable person - that says just put another engine in) you are willing to let it go for cheap instead of seeing what is actually wrong with it?!

Your call but I would be finding out what is wrong and then plan from there....

My old 3.2S Coxster crapped itself a year after I sold it.  

New owner picked up a second hand doozy complete motor from the wreckers for about $5220 from memory, with low k's.

Certainly worth checking out that scene..Came from a wrecker in SA. and that price included freight to Lennox Head.

thanks for the suggestions guys.

I am currently weighing up options and seeing if selling without a fix was an option i am exploring, however after 4 years of engine rebuild nightmares on my 81 924 Turbo I am a bit over this game gotta say.

6 minutes ago, Adam Green said:

thanks for the suggestions guys.

I am currently weighing up options and seeing if selling without a fix was an option i am exploring, however after 4 years of engine rebuild nightmares on my 81 924 Turbo I am a bit over this game gotta say.

From one Adam to another and a fellow engine fixer, don't give up, persevere on! I am tackling a 928 engine re-build, according to what is "common belief" I am crazy!! Of course once you dig a bit you find sometimes that is not the case......!!

Good luck!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2018 at 1:47 PM, Grimmy said:

Nice donor car for a renegade LS conversion kit.

Wonder if anyone has done this in Aus yet?

I was going to buy it for this reason, luckily Adam sold it to someone else before I could as it appears now that the powers that be have imposed an unofficial 180kw/ton cap on modification approvals in WA, the LS would have put it into the mid 200's

Archived