The Hanns Lohrer Poster Thread

Hanns Lohrer (1912 – 1995) was a Graphic Designer who worked with Porsche to make marketing material for their cars. After seeing some of them on dedeporsche.wordpress.com blog, I thought it might be fun to find some of them and post them in this thread.

I love this type of artwork and the relative innocence in the marketing tactics compared to the imagery of today.

s12_0330_fine.jpg

That's a really early Targa in the pic above. The first Targa's had a flexible plastic rear window that could be zipped away from the bar.

There's another clue in the torsion bar cover, the round detail in the bodywork, just ahead of the rear wheel. When it's as close to the rear wheel as that, you're looking at an early, short wheelbase car. The wheelbase was extended in 1969, to make the cars less twitchy at the limit.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nick987

Hanns Lohrer (1912 – 1995) was a Graphic Designer who worked with Porsche to make marketing material for their cars. After seeing some of them on dedeporsche.wordpress.com blog, I thought it might be fun to find some of them and post them in this thread.

I love this type of artwork and the relative innocence in the marketing tactics compared to the imagery of today.

s12_0330_fine.jpg

Photo%2031-08-12%2017%2040%2001.jpg

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived