Question about the battery for a 997, 2008, carrera S, series 1

911virgin

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, 911virgin said:

had the annual service last week

was $700 + $300 for a brake fluid flush and replacement! :P

Same price as I paid last November :) brake flush/fluid replacement is recommended every 2 years.

Did they give you a "gift"? Last service they gave me a universal travel plug adaptor, really want the tyre pressure checker! I'm a sucker for the "free" stuff haha 

11 hours ago, dan_189 said:

Same price as I paid last November :) brake flush/fluid replacement is recommended every 2 years.

Did they give you a "gift"? Last service they gave me a universal travel plug adaptor, really want the tyre pressure checker! I'm a sucker for the "free" stuff haha 

I got the tyre pressure checker on my first service. Nice little case. Love it.  Got nice Porsche wine glasses last service.  I also love the free stuff.:Jumping:

On the battery prices the $500 Porsche one sounds cheap.  Mercedes Benz $990 (I almost swallowed my tongue when she said $990).  The good news was that the MB dealer said that it should not have failed so quickly (2.5 years) so they wrote to MB HQ who gave me a new one under warranty, unbelievable but true.  It worked too, when re buy new car time came up 6 months later, I bought another MB.  Good PR goes a long way in my book.  Another reason why dealer servicing is worth it.

15 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I got the tyre pressure checker on my first service. Nice little case. Love it.  Got nice Porsche wine glasses last service.  I also love the free stuff.:Jumping:

On the battery prices the $500 Porsche one sounds cheap.  Mercedes Benz $990 (I almost swallowed my tongue when she said $990).  The good news was that the MB dealer said that it should not have failed so quickly (2.5 years) so they wrote to MB HQ who gave me a new one under warranty, unbelievable but true.  It worked too, when re buy new car time came up 6 months later, I bought another MB.  Good PR goes a long way in my book.  Another reason why dealer servicing is worth it.

We had a 2010 Mercedes and the battery was almost dead, so I rang MB to get a price on a new one .... I too nearly fell over backwards!!

The service representative seemed to remember that on the 2010 models the batteries were faulty and were recalled ... we got ours replaced under warranty ... that was in 2016!! :Passusabeer:

On ‎1‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, dan_189 said:

yes, got the Porsche wine glasses :)

unexpected nice surprise

Porsche merchandise is expensive!  $80 for Porsche thongs!!

32 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

Porsche merchandise is expensive!  $80 for Porsche thongs!!

Classic Porsche tax...

So far I've received:

- External phone battery thing

- Wash kit

- International adaptor

- Porsche glass Keepcup

Not so keen on the wine glasses though haha guess ill see if they still have them in November :) 

Archived