VIN Number Search on UK delivered cars

Does anyone know how to check UK history from a cars VIN numbers, in a similar way to the PPSR in Australia? Seems to me that in the UK, most of the car checks use the UK rego number which I don't have.

Ok. They don’t want to make it easy. You will either need to check with DVLA in writing or see if a friendly dealer over there has it on their computer. 

I did see on pistonheads there is a thread with someone responding that must have access to the dvla records. If you’re a member over there it might be worth responding with the VIN number and see if anyone messages you (I don’t think it’s legal TBH)

Good luck!

I tried to get some history of my 930 from Porsche GB but they wanted proof that I own the vehicle and that it is registered (here in Oz-why?) and how many times I shit each week. Ok that last bit is not true but you get my drift. They would not give out any info without all the requested info so I didn't bother.

I wasn't real keen on the idea of giving out all my details including address etc. 

Maybe I'm getting paranoid in my old age but all I wanted was some service history before it was imported in Oz, not who owned it and his current address and does his wife look like Megan Gale. Geez.

Sorry.Can you tell I was pissed off.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

@Al two years for the DVLA report doesn't inspire me. Suspect the process will be even more difficult as I don't own the car. To be fair to the UK/ Porsche etc .. a few years ago I was trying to collate service history on a daily driver falcon. Found the company that did the services, they looked on their computer and told me that the services had been completed however wouldn't give me anything in writing. Told me it was a privacy issue thing... I was not so sure.

@MARTY I have purchased the report from these guys. Doesn't seem to give me any information on anything UK based. Does give me a date the car arrived in Australia.

Have had some IMs offering assistance, hoping someone will have a UK contact who can get me the information.

Archived