924 Turbo head sourcing

Hessian

Hey team,

New to the forum, new to Porsches in general. 

A friend of mine has recently purchased a 924 turbo in non running condition.

He's pulled the head off the engine and at some point the timing chain has possibly skipped a tooth and the valves have mangled themselves and the valve guides are stretched out.

We sourced a replacement head from the states, but with all these new asbestos rules that they're enforcing that was stopped from coming in.

I was hoping someone might have any leads on where I might be able to source a head inside Australia or if there are ways to still get parts in without them getting stopped for inspection at the border?

TIA

Hesh

Hello Hesh,

It's possible to purchase new valves and guides if that is all you need.  Check out: http://garage.ideola.com/prod-EngineRebuildKits.html  

924board.org is also a very good source of information on the 924 turbo. 

I've just recently rebuilt my engine, far from an expert however may be able to answer some of your questions. Lots of 'while you are in there' things to consider.

Thanks mate,

We've already tried to contact them via email a few times to ask some questions about the kit and haven't had any replies for about a month now.

Did you just order straight up from the site or do you know another way we could get in contact with them?

Hesh

8 hours ago, Hessian said:

legend! thankyou.

No worries .... we're all here to help.

As that  @bear924 said, go and check out the following sites ....

www.924board.org www.porsche924.co.uk

They are both good sources of information 

Get in touch with that bear bloke if you need any help .... he's a half decent fellow but as he owns a 924 turbo, it's tipped him over the edge into the decent category ... :cool07:

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:12 PM, Hessian said:

Thanks mate,

We've already tried to contact them via email a few times to ask some questions about the kit and haven't had any replies for about a month now.

Did you just order straight up from the site or do you know another way we could get in contact with them?

Hesh

Dan runs Ideola's garage as a secondary business to his main income source. My understanding is that from time to time he gets swamped with work and his Porsche business suffers. If you are chasing valves, I may be willing to sell the ones I removed from my car during the rebuild (I installed a larger valve kit which I purchased from Dan).  Believe the guides are easy to source locally (ie. machine shop can probably provide). Send me an IM if you are interested and I'll pull some details together.

Archived