Melbourne Autoelec

Pork Chops

Guys, who can I use for the hotrod?  I've got a guy but he's so busy it'll be 2019 before he gets to it.  Obviously needs to know older 911s, do good work, be able to do that good work shortly and ideally charge appropriately, rather than inappropriately.

Many thanks in advance.

Steve at SV Autoelectrics in Ringwood comes highly recommended. I've only used him for something minor but others on the forum have spoken highly of him. And when I was there he had plenty of old metal in the shop. 

3 minutes ago, Big Easy said:

Steve at SV Autoelectrics in Ringwood comes highly recommended. I've only used him for something minor but others on the forum have spoken highly of him. And when I was there he had plenty of old metal in the shop. 

He’s my guy! 

1 hour ago, Pork Chops said:

Guys, who can I use for the hotrod?  I've got a guy but he's so busy it'll be 2019 before he gets to it.  Obviously needs to know older 911s, do good work, be able to do that good work shortly and ideally charge appropriately, rather than inappropriately.

Many thanks in advance.

I'll have a crack.  How hard can it be?

12 hours ago, Pork Chops said:

Here you go @Skidmarks please start at 9.00 tomorrow.

8AFECFD2-B187-473E-8070-43F94DE81530_zps

Easy.

just off to Bunnings for a couple of extension cords to pillage for the core wires and some sparkies tape to keep things neat and we’re on.

I'm going to use 50 amp fuses all around or maybe a 2 mm nail so you don’t get that pesky blown fuse thang happening all the time. 

We’re also going full LED interior lights. I’m confident I can adapt those new fangled down lights we just had put in out house.  None of that anemic yellow glow you get with the run of the mill lighting.

Do you want a light bar on your roof?  Great add on to the normal lighting and I think a combination of self tappers and rivets will do the job to keep it all secure. 

No more need to stress on this one my friend.

We’re finally under control.

11 hours ago, Ozvino said:

Haynes manual and Youtube - grow some balls

You must own a 928 talking a big game like that?

2 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Easy.

just off to Bunnings for a couple of extension cords to pillage for the core wires and some sparkies tape to keep things neat and we’re on.

I'm going to use 50 amp fuses all around or maybe a 2 mm nail so you don’t get that pesky blown fuse thang happening all the time. 

We’re also going full LED interior lights. I’m confident I can adapt those new fangled down lights we just had put in out house.  None of that anemic yellow glow you get with the run of the mill lighting.

Do you want a light bar on your roof?  Great add on to the normal lighting and I think a combination of self tappers and rivets will do the job to keep it all secure. 

No more need to stress on this one my friend.

We’re finally under control.

123 Easy Street Springvale.  Get round here now.

3 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

You must own a 928 talking a big game like that?

The aftermarket alarm and stereo wiring you find in a typical 928 eclipses that......

my car had 3 alarm systems that I had to remove.....in addition to the factory alarm :huh:

@Pork Chops I would have suggested Steve Varasso, not surprised his backlog extends into next year, he’s the guy Porsche go to for help

Archived