Help ID switch passenger footwell

teknostar

Perhaps you should consult the Owner's Manual. My wife an ex Bond Girl ??? says it is probably a switch to activate"global searching when the bad guys kidnap you" or a light for the footwell.

Or you could call the spare parts guys at PCM.

Cheers

Paul M

Guest Nick987

Thinking more about it may have been installed by a previous owner to switch on/off gps tracking for theft as this is always running and drains the. Battery or may e for a car phone kit?

Some older models, I think 964, had a switch in the footwell that allowed you to switch off and disable the ultrasonic part of the alarm, allowing you to keep pets in the car.................or kids when you want to go to the pokies!!

Some older models, I think 964, had a switch in the footwell that allowed you to switch off and disable the ultrasonic part of the alarm, allowing you to keep pets in the car.................or kids when you want to go to the pokies!!

I have not worked it out yet, but i reckon that Theo is on the money.

• 2 weeks later...

You would think they would put it in a more sensible place Trev than the passenger footwell?

Yeah it's a low profile switch too, not like you can operate it with your foot or anything....weird!

I think it's really just to test operation of it or something...while stationary.

Guest Nick987

I do wish I could flip the number plates!

I really have thought about doing this mod in the past!

I know right! Me too, on too many occasions...

'Photoshop is your friend'

SMT2.jpg

Archived