PCM 3.0 DVD Sat Nav

Merv

It seems that my Gen 2 987 Boxster has phone connect, iPod connect, back up sensors and all the other useful bits.

However, the DVD for the Sat Nav seems to be missing. At least I can't track it down yet. Are these available for the cars and also are upgrades available (at less than the factory cost)?

Does anyone have one that they no longer need?

The 3.0 uses an internal hard disk for the maps. 

The std phone is GSM which no longer exists in AUS but the integrated bluetooth using the hands free protocol works ok. 

Yes the phone connects easily and well.  Strange then that the map does not show as being available on the system.  I can see sellers offering DVD for the models up to 2013

Map updates are available from Porsche. They load them directly onto the hard disk. Latest is about 2 years old and they have been expecting a new telease for a while now. 

Thanks again.  You are right of course.  It does not have a DVD per se but loads onto a HD or flash memory. I wonder what it is not there however.  It says navigation is NOT ACTIVE.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this a new car to you and have you had the NAV work before? It may not have the NAV module from factory and as far as I'm aware it's not a retrofit either.

It's either do without and use a TOMTOM or buy a second hand unit and take it to Porsche to have it coded to your car 

Problem solved.  I bought the car from a good friend and he said that the SATNAV had stopped working.  It seemed to locate somewhere hear new Caledonia.  After some reading and checking I found that the windscreen had been replaced due to stone chip, and so I pulled off the cowling under wipers and around the air filter and they hadn't reconnected the aerial for the GPS! Drove the car for a few kilometres and it re-located to where I actually was.  All good.

Archived