Water cooled Coolant options

I need a top up of my coolant, and seeing as there isn't a P dealer anywhere close that I can immediately access, what aftermarket options have you guys used?  I've done a bit of research on Rennlist etc, and they mention brands that I don't think would be readily available at my local Repco, Autobarn or Supacheap.  Fallback is a visit to the VW or Audi dealer for their G12.

Thoughts?

Red coolant? 

Nulon red should be fine, its G12

Disregard any motor vehicle branding, its BS - monoethylene glycol is the base product and it all comes from a handful of chemical plants, all Porsche is doing is slapping a sticker on it. Look for the type (G12) 

1 minute ago, Stephen Tinker said:

Or if you only need a small quantity, top up with distilled (demineralised) water.

There is approximately 25 litres of coolant in your 996 / 987 so a few ml of water won't dilute the coolant overall.....

... and that is about 40% concentrated coolant (ethylene glycol + secret herbs & spices) and 60% water.  You can use clean rainwater rather than deionised/demineralised with no problem.

4 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

Or if you only need a small quantity, top up with distilled (demineralised) water.

There is approximately 25 litres of coolant in your 996 / 987 so a few ml of water won't dilute the coolant overall.....

Yep, that's what I ended up doing.  Will leave the big purchase for when I replace the header tank shortly.....

Archived