1977 924 Martini Approx Value

I am looking at selling my 924 Martini that I have owned for 31 years. I am the second owner, it runs well.

I Was just wondering what might be an approx value for a car in this condition ?

Adelaide delivered, as far as i know only 3 went to SA in '77. Now in Queensland.

Has 81700k on the clock I did 48k of them in the last 31 years. No rust at all, garaged all the time.

Seats need re- uphulstery, crack in dash, if rivet counting new wing mirrors. Other than that in pretty good condition.

This is a real deal Genuine Aussie delivered Martini.

Starts first time cold or hot. Very well loved car.

Cheers

Barry

20180803_125638resize.jpg

Hi Barry, 

hard to say with these things, I personally love em in all their retro glory but I think the thing that keeps it from getting strong money is that it’s not based on the turbo, but rather the NA. 

Based on what I sold my s1 (non martini) for in a good market, I would stand to say a transaction value would be realistically in the $10-15k range without seeing it or knowing anymore. 

Any non turbo 24 that I’ve seen listed with a price starting with 2 just tends to sit on the market. 

I might be tempted... PM when you get serious about selling it, I’ve regretted selling my one basically every day since it was sold. ? 

Engine bay pic.

20180803_125746 Engine Resize.jpg

Edgy, I'm thinking you are right with your Range 10k to 15k. When youv'e had one this long you get a bit

emotional about what it might be worth. As usual it's what one will pay that decides the $. Just wanting a fair market price.

Hard to compare as there are not many left these days, or being offered for sale in Aus. Especialy un-restored in good nick.

Thanks for your comments.

Barry

5 hours ago, TINGY944 said:

I am no expert but i think to get 10-15k for a n/a 924 it would have to be near on perfect, even a Martini, just my opinion. Looks very nice though @Barry 924 Martini , got any pics of the engine bay?

Definitely it needs to be a solid example, cos that in itself is “rare” for a 924 as you know! 

4 hours ago, Barry 924 Martini said:

Engine bay pic.

20180803_125746 Engine Resize.jpg

Edgy, I'm thinking you are right with your Range 10k to 15k. When youv'e had one this long you get a bit

emotional about what it might be worth. As usual it's what one will pay that decides the $. Just wanting a fair market price.

Hard to compare as there are not many left these days, or being offered for sale in Aus. Especialy un-restored in good nick.

Thanks for your comments.

Barry

I Made some assumptions based on your 31 years of ownership and presentation of the facts, I’m guessing it’s documented, log booked and in good shape for a car that has been used. 

A little bit of wear and tear is manageable, they all have a cracked dash (except the one I sold had a new OEM one put in it prior to storage ? ) 

Neglect is the 924’s worst enhemy... once they suffer the perils of a bad ownership tenure, it’s really over from there cos it’s uneconomical to bring them back to life

Lots of folks don’t care for the Audi/Porsche love child.. and if you’re a 911 only guy, yeah fair enough, but badge aside I think they’re a wonderful classic car! 

Cheers 

8 hours ago, TINGY944 said:

After a bit of research i found a similar car to yours for an example on pricing, give or take of course.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/11/rare-rides-a-porsche-924-from-1977-anyone-want-a-martini/

Hardly comparable..Every car in the US is a bargain compared with what we would pay here 

I think it is, same car with a similar long term ownership, ok, US car is 1 owner and Barry's car is 30 odd years, and similar mileage, to me that's very comparable.

It also shows that the Martini is not massively overpriced over a standard 924, I'm not denigrating anyone's car here either, just trying to compare cars from a pricing perspective which is what Barry asked for in his original post.

6 minutes ago, edgy said:

Yes and if you imported that, you would be in it for $16k ~ 

So we should put the import cost on as well?

9 minutes ago, TINGY944 said:

So we should put the import cost on as well?

Yes of course, if you want relative terms, even converting the money and no other costs, it is still almost $10k AUD... hardly an arbitrage opportunity. 

Archived