718 Induction Vent Recall

Niko

11 minutes ago, ANF said:

Is this for real.... ??! :blink:

It is.   Apart from it being able to take crap in through the intake vent, the turbo engine tends to suck in more.

A lot of conversations about it on the FB page.   Quite a few people had received the letter and others were awaiting it to arrive.

The date on that one being the 24th of September, so it's only very recent.

Haven't heard of anything happening here at this stage. 

1 minute ago, Niko said:

It is.   Apart from it being able to take crap in through the intake vent, the turbo engine tends to suck in more.

A lot of conversations about it on the FB page.   Quite a few people had received the letter and others were awaiting it to arrive.

The date on that one being the 24th of September, so it's only very recent.

Haven't heard of anything happening here at this stage. 

I get the vent thing, but the people throwing butts out the window as the cause for Porsche to act! FFS what is happening to the world!! 

If you throw something out your window, which is illegal , and it causes you harm, as Tazzie said...….

What if I throw a can of beer out of my window while driving and the rear window is open and it flies back in and hits the rear passenger in the head, can Porsche make up a special shield for me so this does not happen....

1 hour ago, ANF said:

I get the vent thing, but the people throwing butts out the window as the cause for Porsche to act! FFS what is happening to the world!! 

If you throw something out your window, which is illegal , and it causes you harm, as Tazzie said...….

What if I throw a can of beer out of my window while driving and the rear window is open and it flies back in and hits the rear passenger in the head, can Porsche make up a special shield for me so this does not happen....

That was similar to what most comments were.  There wouldn't be too many P drivers who would smoke or allow smokers to partake inside the car.

But I guess there are always the odd exception to the rule.   

Archived