Porsche Only Race Meeting 2013

Airhead

whats the skidpan they're going to use like? i only ask as the mount cotton one has alot of rough edges on the side of the concrete, and i've seen strut tops move after hitting them, and damaged wheels (might make the drive back difficult)

also, has anyone mastered purchasing a ticket yet? the site is a world of confusion (and the videos won't work on my link)

whats the skidpan they're going to use like? i only ask as the mount cotton one has alot of rough edges on the side of the concrete, and i've seen strut tops move after hitting them, and damaged wheels (might make the drive back difficult)

also, has anyone mastered purchasing a ticket yet? the site is a world of confusion (and the videos won't work on my link)

They have 2, a big, very new and smooth wet pan, plus a figure of 8 circuit, which can be wetted down. It's a good venue.

Hi everyone,

@ SteamWolf - a regularity requires similar safety and licence to a supersprint. A Reguarlity you nominate a time, and try to get as close to this each lap, resulting in points being taken away based on achievement level. A regularity means you are not 'racing' and also allows Level 2S holder to compete in the event. We are able to run more cars in a regularity than a Supersprint, and given the current entry rate, the event will be oversubscribed.

@ RussR - hopefully this will help if you are trying to enter one of the competitive events. If you are looking at the Social side only (entry pass and lunches/dinner etc) the system requires very little detail.

ENTRY PROCESS (Competition)

We have tried to create logical steps on the website (including videos at the entry system home page).

This should take around 5-10 minutes depending on the level of detail you enter and assuming you have it close to hand. You can even upload pictures of you car should you wish.

At this point you are now set up permanently in the system - but you have NOT entered the event yet.

Clicking 'Upcoming Events' you can select the Porsche Rennsport Australia event (3rd from the bottom), and select 'Event Details' on the right hand side.

This brings up the event overview where you now select 'Enter Event' at the top of the page.

Now you have the option of choosing the event from the drop down list, and choosing you and your car from the next drop down boxes.

Be sure to click if you wish to enter RACE, REGULARITY, CONCOURS, or SHOW N SHINE via selecting the respective tick box.

The other 'Options' at the bottom of the page allow you to purchase additional items such as lunches etc.

Pressing 'Submit to Event Organiser' will then take you to a confirmation page where you will see the amount you are about to pay, and you can select you payment method, being Credit Card or EFT. The actual entry side should take no longer than 2 minutes.

I sincerely hope this helps, but if you are still struggling, feel free to call or email me as per the details on the entry overview.

@ RussR - hopefully this will help if you are trying to enter one of the competitive events. If you are looking at the Social side only (entry pass and lunches/dinner etc) the system requires very little detail.

ENTRY PROCESS (Competition)

We have tried to create logical steps on the website (including videos at the entry system home page).

• Register (http://www.motoreven...ister)
  • Activate you login via the email you will be sent
  • Set up your personal details, your car details etc by using the 'My Car' 'My Details' located under the 'Toolkit' tab at the top menu.

Now you have the option of choosing the event from the drop down list, and choosing you and your car from the next drop down boxes.

Be sure to click if you wish to enter RACE, REGULARITY, CONCOURS, or SHOW N SHINE via selecting the respective tick box.

The other 'Options' at the bottom of the page allow you to purchase additional items such as lunches etc.

Pressing 'Submit to Event Organiser' will then take you to a confirmation page where you will see the amount you are about to pay, and you can select you payment method, being Credit Card or EFT. The actual entry side should take no longer than 2 minutes.

I sincerely hope this helps, but if you are still struggling, feel free to call or email me as per the details on the entry overview.

Thanks Alex

Most of the site works well for a newbie, - remember that you don't qualify as such

So for us, there are some 'less obvious' stumbling blocks

I never found the options for lunches, etc just missed them, no matter how obvious they might be to you

and

I struggled to find the tab to put my entry in when all else was done, because it is at the top of the page and I was 'finished' with that area, or so I thought

eventually I found it there, as plain as the nose on my face, but not in any 'logical' area (to me)

Still, it all works well and the entry system is a credit to its maker as a local effort and it will get easier and easier as more events use it and we get accustomed to it

so

my entry is in

although I am not sure what regularity div 1 might be?

@ Sydr - Great to hear that you got your entry in. You make some valid points, alas I am happy you are in! DIv 1 Regularity will be the default 'entry' for Regularity, however once entries close we will then split run groups according to Porsche type and performance/ability.

@ Uncle - you will see at http://www.camsmanual.com.au/pdf/03_speed/SP07_Modern_Regularity_2013-1.pdf that cruise controls (if fitted) are banned. As are any types of timing devices. Trust me I have seen some things in my time competing that have been used to cheat!!

@ 9fan - at this stage the Regularity groups will get as much track time as the racing categories (excluding Carrera Cup and GT3 Challenge), therefore at this stage this will be a practice/qualifying followed by 3 regularity sessions of between 15-20 minutes. Depending on final numbers, we will try and group cars in performance, therefore reducing closing speeds, and increasing safety for all involved.

The Skid Pan at this stage will be handled by the Porsche Sport Driving School, and there will be a list thing that will be happening there. Exactly what that will entail will be released in the coming weeks, however there will be no competitive motorkhana's in entrants cars, however there are some events that are potentially going to happen in PCA cars. Once more details have been finalized, check the website for more details.

Archived