Porsche Only Race Meeting 2013

Airhead

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I am part of the organizing committee for this event, and can confirm that entries will be open in the next two weeks.

If you are thinking of competing in any of the events, being track or concours/show 'n' shine, then go to www.motorevententry.org and register, as the Porsche Rennsport event will have its own version of this entry system. By entering you details on www.motorevententry.org, your details will populate automatically meaning you can enter in about 2 minutes.

All general admission entries will also be via this system, and all tickets must be pre-purchased, meaning no ticket purchases on the day if you want to park your Porsche in the designated model areas.

A press release will be distributed far and wide to announce when officially open.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Hi guys,

I am part of the organizing committee for this event, and can confirm that entries will be open in the next two weeks.

If you are thinking of competing in any of the events, being track or concours/show 'n' shine, then go to www.motorevententry.org and register, as the Porsche Rennsport event will have its own version of this entry system. By entering you details on www.motorevententry.org, your details will populate automatically meaning you can enter in about 2 minutes.

All general admission entries will also be via this system, and all tickets must be pre-purchased, meaning no ticket purchases on the day if you want to park your Porsche in the designated model areas.

A press release will be distributed far and wide to announce when officially open.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

the Porsche event is not listed on upcoming events

• 2 weeks later...

Hoe hum. Just managed to "side step" the work firewall only to find there is no super sprint class. Just regularity or wheel to wheel. I am not old enough for regularity and dont have the bucks to race wheel to wheel.

FYI cost is $595 to race and $30 for the "show and shine". So I'll just pay $30 for the good parking because clearly I'll just be extracting the urine..

Hi guys,

The race and regularity events ($595 entry) will be like sprints, but run under regularity rules etc.

The entry fee includes 3 weekend passes, a garage or marque space and a tender vehicle pass.

The Concours is $30 and the Show 'n' Shine is $15.

All the info is at the website.

www.rennsportaustralia.com.au

See you there!

Uncle with your full Luftwaffe decals I can see people's choice coming your way.

You just need to borrow one of my ww2 leather flying skull caps and goggles for the dash and for when you drive in....I even have an authentic WW2 officers pipe.

LS2 is fine for a S.S but I am not really sure how you have a regularity event as a supersprint format? 3 hot laps driving at 60% speed? Set cruise at 61kph then just not brake for a full lap =Win?

Am I missing something obvious? ( serious question )

L2S is appropriate for a supersprint, but CAMS requires a full racing icence for events called or classified as a race (ie racing each other and not racing the clock). So either it's a supersprint, or it's not being operated under CAMS.

This just in from PCNSW, Skid pan could be a bit of fun.

Porsche Rennsport Australia Motorsport Festival

Porsche Cars Australia has announced that entries are now open for the Porsche Rennsport Australia Motor Racing Festival to be held on the weekend of May 25 and 26, 2013 at Sydney Motor Sport Park.

This event is being organised by Porsche Cars Australia who are managing the entire event, bookings are essential for entry.

Please find below the link to the Porsche Rennsport Australia Motorsport Festival website.

http://createsend.com/t/j-F1B3BD258B28A571

Here are the details provided by Porsche Cars Australia:

"We are expecting this to be the biggest Porsche event in Australia for 2013 with not only Carrera Cup and GT3 Cup Challenge drivers participating, but also Porsche Club members and drivers from all over Australia.

Track activities will include:

• Group S and Group N races for historic Porsche sports cars
  • Porsche Sports Car races
  • 944 Challenge races
  • Regularity trials for all Porsche models, including 356s (rest assured we are aware of the various classes of cars we need to accommodate)
  • Historic Demonstration laps, including Porsche Museum cars and significant Australian Porsche cars

Off-track, the Concours Trophy will be THE trophy that all Concours people will want to win. The Show 'n' Shine competition will bring together those magnificant cars that aren't quite up to Concours standard, but certainly make a statement. Porsche Sports Driving School instructors will be on hand to show everyone who is keen a good time on the skid pan. And, of course, we will not forget our Porsche drivers of the future......the Porsche Kids Driving School will be set up, along with numerous other activities for the kids!

On the social side, we are yet to talk to the newly-appointed caterers for Sydney Motorsport Park. As a consequence we have included pricing for lunches and the Rennsport dinner, but these may change.

We would stress to everyone, however, that, ultimately, places on the track and for the various social functions will be limited.

For those who are familiar with Rennsport in America, we are looking at opening a new chapter in Porsche history in Australia that will give all Porsche owners a similar opportunity to celebrate their ownership.

We look forward to seeing many Porsche Club Members in Sydney on the weekend of May 25 & 26.

We will be posting onto the website next week a selection of Hotels in the Parramatta area that we have managed to obtain good rates from. Each Hotel will have a code attached to the Porsche Rennsport event."

Enjoy each motoring moment.

Paul Dortkamp

President PCNSW

Archived