Wheel Advice - URGENT

Doish13

Hi all,

am looking at purchasing a set of Wheels with dimensions Porsche Rota Fuchs 17 x 9 17 x 7.5 (thank you JJ for the lead).

I am unable to obtain offset however does anyone know if these will be any issue going onto my 1978 SC?

Appreciate any help that can be lend.

Kind regards,

DB

Hi Doish & JJ, I have had alot of trouble to get a hold of anyone from Rota in the past - do you know anyone? They dont seem to use a 'internet' (no response to emails direct or via ebay) and on the 2 occasions I have called they had no info at all in regards to P cars? A lead would be appreciated as they seem very reasonable cost wise.

Has anyone heard of IOZZIO wheels.

Im tempted to get the ceramic coated black ones, but they are a bit pricey, and im clueless when it come to offsets etc, so i wouldn't be confident ordering them without some guarantees!!

http://www.iozziowheels.com/

Anyone have any thoughts on the black ones? I think they look great.

Danny.

Rota wheels Doish is referring to are VERY reasonably priced!

Mate I'm with you on that. No more looking for the wheels.

Getting my rims polished up and re paint the centers.

Reviewed how to lower it and seems straight forward to DIY then get an alignment however got a quote also coming from a service centre in Syd to see how much as time is something I have very little of. I'm guessing for a pro this is an hour - hour and half job sans alignment?

sold for $1300

You can get a set of brand new wheels for that amount. The set on wheels ebay have been painted with a rattle can.

Reviewed how to lower it and seems straight forward to DIY then get an alignment however got a quote also coming from a service centre in Syd to see how much as time is something I have very little of. I'm guessing for a pro this is an hour - hour and half job sans alignment?

Without re-indexing t bars you may get away with hour and a half otherwise it may take a bit longer.

Was quoted 4 hours labour which has taken me a back as have a quote of $750 + $500 contingency if things need to be replaced.

This was not expected and have previously had really good quotes from this place which i have proceeded with. Not to worry, will still remain loyal to repair shop as have been good to me in the past and the people i have referred to them - perhaps this is just what they charge for such a job.

Will try to find some time then tackle it myself (my DIY experience is limited to basic service/ gearbox and clutch changes on al be it more basic vehicles) when i can try and find some time unless someone can suggest someone else.

Then i will get it professionally wheel aligned.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Doish,

Last year I jumped in and adjusted the suspension on my US spec SC to the lower Euro ride height. It takes a bit of time as there is quite a lot of disassembly of the rear end to get access to the torsion bars. I managed to get the levels right after the third attempt. The front end is quite a lot simpler. You don't need special tools, just good quality metric spanners, torque wrench, good jack, etc.

There's good info. on Pelican Parts on how to do the job.

http://www.pelicanpa...orsion_bars.htm

http://www.pelicanpa...ing_the_911.htm

It was great to get under my car and get a feel for how it's put together. 911's really are quite easy to work on.

Good luck,

Harv.

before...

IMG_0425_zpsdbe2cc6b.jpg

after...

IMG_0715_zpsbb804424.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived