Boxster Air Bag

Smokey

My question again,    "need to replace the air bag in the drivers seat backrest.  How do I get into the holding screws. The back of the seat has a plastic panel - how to remove it?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

10 hours ago, Smokey said:

My question again,    "need to replace the air bag in the drivers seat backrest.  How do I get into the holding screws. The back of the seat has a plastic panel - how to remove it?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

I punched in Youtube "remove seat airbag 987 boxster" and funnily enough there it was, 6th video down ... Take a bit more care than this dude if you ever want to use the seat again hahhahaah

Car had a light front-ender, sensor cable was severed under mudguard, triggered head (drivers seat) air bag!

Found a replacement in a close-by (Lilydale) car being wrecked.

Back on the road soon!

IMG_2607.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Troubleshooter wrote -----   "I punched in Youtube "remove seat airbag 987 boxster" and funnily enough there it was, 6th video down ... Take a bit more care than this dude if you ever want to use the seat again hahhahaah". 

Thanks again Troubleshooter!  I followed the 'youtube' video and found it to be an easy job.  Successfully replaced the spent air-bag and fitted a new one. The upholstery went back together soooo  easy!  Just a series of plastic mouldings --  push until you hear a 'click' and job done!  Now to re-set the computer to remove 'air-bag fault' red light and all is done. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Barks.  I do find the Box easy to work on and very satisfying to resurrect a write-off!

I'm now hoping some kind soul can post a photo of the wiring harness route across the front of the Boxster. The bit around the radiator? and behind the bumper?

My car had the wiring ripped out when I bought it so I desperately need assistance.  Any suggestions appreciated.

IMG_2643.JPG

Archived