992 GT3 will be naturally aspirated

JV911

Yes because they sell a gazilion stock 911s and only a few thou GT3s so their little eco-loving greenie 🌿 sensor alarms don’t go off &  be rest assured polar bears 🐾 will live... cos the net gain is still way +ve. Yo ze, we’ve done ze numbers... And the govt probably gave them a pass due to its low numbers.

There are laws  in Europe that permit cars with higher than average C02 ratings to be produced ,,,providing they are of small volume  production numbers ,,,this is how Lamborghini gets around it 6.5 V12 NA Aventador ..

I don,t think the GT3 meets this because to many are made but surely Porsche can off set it with other models that have low CO2 and are sold in larger numbers ,like the new 3.0TT 992 and the Hybrid and soon to be electric Taycan range 

Or at worst reduce the production numbers on the GT3 to meet the small volume requirement  ...

Either way I am sure they will work out some sort of deal with the powers that govern this eco stuff .

looking forward to seeing the GT3 stay NA for many more years to come ..

Do they have to balance the CO2 books across the Porsche range or can they assess higher up the VW chain?  If so, they could build Lambos and GT3 NA engines and offset against Polos and Golfs and electric models that are coming....?

I am not certain if they can do that even though they all fall under the VW group brand banner,,,I think that each Car manufacture is responsible for their own pollutant management as they are still independent company,s .

In 2013 Porsche spent a huge sum of funds at Stuttgart up dating their paint plant in order to meet future Eco requirements involved in the manufacturing process  ..Apparently the paint process was the biggest pollutant in the production process at that time ..

It is not just the CO2 and pollutants from the cars that are hit with tariffs and taxes ,,it is the manufacturing process that generally produces more pollutants over the long term ..Making the production process more eco friendly guarenties greater profit margins for the Manufacture and ultimately less funds paid to Governments ,,German manufactures  are given Tax incentives to meet Government eco targets .

The Paint plant upgrade was praised as a great success and has been used as a bench mark by other manufactures trying to meet the constantly tightening environmental guidelines in Europe ...

As much as I dislike the idea of the electric Tacan   "Mission E" it is an essential part of Porsche long term Business plan to meet the ever toughening eco laws .

With out Mission E  I would not expect cars like the GT3 to remain NA for the  immediate future .

On 26/01/2019 at 19:44, Raven said:

I am not certain if they can do that even though they all fall under the VW group brand banner,,,I think that each Car manufacture is responsible for their own pollutant management as they are still independent company,s .

i think they can, i was speaking to a friend of mine a few years ago on a similar topic, he had just left jaguar and had set up with a friend of mine doing performance fords. he was telling me that car companies can have a small percentage of ''development'' power plants. that is why mazda can still use the rotary. it's relatively small displacement (ie swept volume) but it is a dirty engine.

but who knows for sure?

Archived