1962 Motor show Earls Court

Brings back memories of the 1960/70s in Melbourne. I had an E Type (when they were cheap like old 911's) . Daddy had a Rover & Mummy had a Morris 1100.

It all changed dramatically when Mum got a jap car (how dare she!!) a Toyota Corona. It was the best family car we ever had, passed down through the family till my little brother totalled it. We wanted her to get a Cortina or a Humber Vogue. After 10 years the Cortina & Humber were worthless, but the Toyota was still worth $1000 - half new price.    

1 hour ago, Zelrik911 said:

Brings back memories of the 1960/70s in Melbourne. I had an E Type (when they were cheap like old 911's) . Daddy had a Rover & Mummy had a Morris 1100.

It all changed dramatically when Mum got a jap car (how dare she!!) a Toyota Corona. It was the best family car we ever had, passed down through the family till my little brother totalled it. We wanted her to get a Cortina or a Humber Vogue. After 10 years the Cortina & Humber were worthless, but the Toyota was still worth $1000 - half new price.    

Toyota's just seem to last IMO well made & under stressed. We have a Toyota "airport" car its a 2001 car, paint is shagged(think it was repaired) wheel trims gone (outlaw) after years of being left in sun but it runs well & touch wood goes every time. Its just ace. Coppers always look at me, not sure why!

Archived