996 coolant hose identification

TINGY

Hi everyone, i have a leaking join on a coolant hose and i am finding it a little hard to identify the part No. to order the part. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and replaced this part. I am after the part No. ideally, my mechanic is having trouble finding a part No. also and so is James at Autohaus as the parts diagrams are a bit hard to identify the actual hose needed, any help will be very appreciated. I have taken 2 photo's of the hose needed and my finger is pointing to the hose i need. The join is visible as well and the O ring has been replaced and is now leaking worse.

xor05mb.jpg

HwQ4QPs.jpg

I assume that you looked on Pelican.  Some hoses listed as coolant hoses and some as water hoses.

Tried to find the hose on PP but not being familiar with the 996 I can’t pick the hose from the photo.  More pics or a description maybe.

Wow, those things are a plumbers nightmare !

Leggo might be easier.

24 minutes ago, firstone said:

What does the hose you're pointing to connect onto? Is it plastic, alloy or steel?

Is the fitting cracked or corroded causing the leak? 

It slides over a steel pipe, very hard to get a good picture to really show it.

It has a steel or alloy type clamp with a seal on it that goes over the pipe, we think it is now out of round so does not seal correctly.

3 hours ago, Peter M said:

My guess is: 996.106.840.07 and the clamp 999.512.348.02 but let's be a bit more methodical.

Stephen,

This hose connects to the thermostat housing on the engine?

Ultimately yes, can you put the link up where you are getting this Pete so i can have a look.

Stephen,

Since the PET diagram made no sense to me I Googled "Porsche 996 Radiator hose" and used the photos to get to what I thought was close to your photo.  I found the photo's links to Paragon-Products and the Design911 websites the best.

However I suggest you identify what bits lie between the thermostat housing and the part you want and then count off the parts downstream.  Doesn't help that I know SFA about these cars!

Have you thought about removing the coolant tank, remove the pipe and reading the part number off the hose itself?😊

The PET diagram obviously makes no sense to anyone, good on you Porsche for making life so difficult, again.

We had an old hose at Pete's workshop but the number was missing off that as well, no, no and no, not as easy as it sounds:D

Can someone remind me why these cars are so good:wacko:

12 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

I think i may have identified the hose, 996-106-832-04-M100

What number is that on firstone's diagram?

I reckon it's No.24 and No. 25

996 106 502 56 - Hose to thermostat housing - $65USD

999 512 669 09 - 55x12 clamp

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt878_879_-cma81-cmo110-ct347/Porsche/996--911--1997-05/996-C2-3-6L-09-01-2005/Water---Coolant-Hoses/

3 hours ago, firstone said:

Sorry for giving you shit before. Dunno why i thought that'd be funny.

Is that the coolant recovery bottle on top of it? Is it an original one? If they are the same material used as the 986 they deteriorate and weep from the bottom.

Don't be sorry, I'd do it as well:D

Yep, but it's the join on the hose to the metal pipe that's leaking.

Problem solved, i took a punt after trawling through all the info i had and ordered the hose that looked closest to what i was after. James at Autohaus sent me a care bear package and it just arrived with the hose. I'm posting this so anyone else with the same problem knows what to get. $61 delivered.

ezsVgEM.jpg

ytuGQie.jpg