Little Red Corvette (um, Boxster 987)

Hi PFA members,

I'm Ben and I'm desperately seeking advice (generally on 2006 Boxster 2.7s) and maybe find the previous gentleman owner of this 987 Boxster at Pennant Hills Holden. Named Rod? Car club guy.

Previous owner: Rob's an ex Navy officer (and a gentleman) from WA, then Vic/NSW. Number plates would have been changed by the dealer. Originally from Doncaster Porsche.

Nice to see it near my place. I've always had an urge to get a mid-engined P-car and this one looks like a decent option.

This one-owner car seems to have some tasty options but I'd like to talk to the previous owner, if he's known to you. He's traded it for a Stinger at this dealer.

PS. Husbands, how to get wives to agree to a car like this? My wife thinks it could be a bit low for her to drive.

IMG20190824103733.jpg

IMG20190824103737.jpg

IMG20190824103746.jpg

IMG20190824103756.jpg

IMG20190824103847.jpg

FYI it's Jan 06 build. When was the bigger bearing (response to IMS failures) introduced? I suspect this would have been fixed or checked regularly for early 2006 cars?

Note the sports chrono on the dash. One of the features, along with the drilled discs, which appealed to me.

Would the headlinghts be just projector headlights rather than HIDs, given there's no washer below the lights?

If Rod the previous owner was in car clubs, would he likel be a PCNSW member or are there other groups where I should check to see if anyone recalls this nice example.

Ben, my wife moved from an MX-5 (it looks like you have one too) to a 987S, used it as a daily drive for 5 years, and moved up to a 981 6 months ago,  Definitely not too low for your wife, but she might just have to be careful wearing short skirts as she gets in and out 😉 

In our case, she had a Porsche first, took me 4 years to catch up 🙂 

7 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Ben, my wife moved from an MX-5 (it looks like you have one too) to a 987S, used it as a daily drive for 5 years, and moved up to a 981 6 months ago,  Definitely not too low for your wife, but she might just have to be careful wearing short skirts as she gets in and out 😉 

In our case, she had a Porsche first, took me 4 years to catch up 🙂 

Wish I had bought the Boxster. Sadly my wife couldn't get comfortable and depress the clutch fully. 

So we ended up with a Golf GTI for now. 

I'd still love to make some money to afford to run both the GTI as our family fun car and a P car as my own fun weekend car. 

IMG_20190826_021532.jpg

2 hours ago, Mike D'Silva said:

Curious why you need to speak to the previous owner?

Funny reason... I thinj he shares a physio with my wife. He hooked the physio on Boxsters too! 

Regarding the IMS, Hamilton’s have a sensible article on it here. If the engine number is later than the one mentioned in the article it is very unlikely to fail. As others have indicated there was no IMS at all from 2009.