Recommendations for Coil Overs for 981 Boxster S

I am thinking of fitting coil overs to my Boxster S to lower the ride height.  Can anyone recommend a brand and the best place to have them installed.

Also before I bite the bullet, would installing them affect the cars warranty?  I am about the further extend the warranty in December and will not mess with the suspension if doing so may affect the warranty or ability to further extend it.

Hey Phil

It will definitely affect any issues related to suspension warranty claims and you wouldn't be able to extend the warranty, heck they even require you to have N rated tyres as part of the warranty extension.

I wouldn't mess with the Boxters well balanced suspension.

I had Bilstain PSS9 on my 996 and it was great. But I wasnt planning on extending the warranty at the time. Totally changed the ride of the car so I would drive a car with coilovers before making any changes. The characteristics will change so if its a stance you are looking for vs ride change then think twice about it. 

Could always go the angle grinder 🤣

23 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I am thinking of fitting coil overs to my Boxster S to lower the ride height.  Can anyone recommend a brand and the best place to have them installed.

Also before I bite the bullet, would installing them affect the cars warranty?  I am about the further extend the warranty in December and will not mess with the suspension if doing so may affect the warranty or ability to further extend it.

Have you changed to lowering springs as a starting point? It's a cost effective way to tweak the stance while not having a massive impact on the handling of the car. Particularly if you're already happy with the way the car drives, coilovers do have a rather significant effect on the way the car sits on the road.

Suspension recommendations are tricky - the performance and handling characteristics will have differences depending on the car. Personally I've not been happy with the ride of my Bilstein PSS10's. Drove the same car as mine with KW V3's and felt the small bump compliance was nicer but then KW do have a reputation for reliability issues (have read this on multiple forums as well as being told by more than one mechanic, including one the worked at a shop that sold KW).

Not wanting to talk you out of a decision mate - just worth having some info at hand and perhaps starting small first...

Why not fit the factory X73 kit.

Part # is 981-044-400-01 for the PDK.  I fitted this kit to my 981 & also my 718 S from new (ordered the kit from the dealer).  It lowers nicely & has thicker sway bars.

The ride is better than standard suspension for mine in terms of both comfort & handling.

I have the new take off 981 & 718S struts & sway bars if anyone is interested.