NSW - Go and remove your registration sticker.

What great news!!! smile.gif

From 1 January 2013, registration stickers will no longer be required for light vehicles up to 4.5 tonnes Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM). NSW Police use number plate recognition cameras to automatically detect if a vehicle is unregistered.

Please note: You must keep your current registration sticker on until 1 January 2013.

Removing labels for light vehicles simplifies the registration process, reduces red tape and will save time and money for the community and businesses.

What’s different for light vehicles?

•If your registration is due for renewal from 1 January 2013 you will not receive a registration sticker.

•From 1 January 2013 you will not need to display a registration sticker.

What you need to know

•All vehicles in NSW must have current registration.

•Registration renewal certificates will still be sent as a reminder to renew registration.

•NSW Police can check vehicle registration anytime by using on-the-spot camera technology.

•You can check the registration status of a vehicle anytime by completing a Free registration check online.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/abolish_labels/index.html

F###%^%%..........memories!

I just paid a $99 Fine on 31 December 2012 for not displaying one on my recently re-registered bike as was slapped for causing "a nuisance and creating loads of work " for the man in blue who was "sick of people not displaying these stickers" so had " no choice" but to fine me a few weeks before this new rule.

I even offered the man to pay the same money to charity rather than the fine as its ridiculous im getting an infringement for something being reversed in a matter of weeks.... And this was my first real penalty in almost 15 years ...." no this is a real problem on the roads" !

I wonder if QLD will do the same thing? My guess would be not, given that most police cars still have a UBD instead of a GPS.

It's always been a yearly lottery to open the envelope and find out if the sticker color was going to compliment or clash with your car.

I would just knock up a quick letter asking for it to be placed in the bin. May or may not work but its worth a try.

F###%^%%..........memories!

I just paid a $99 Fine on 31 December 2012 for not displaying one on my recently re-registered bike as was slapped for causing "a nuisance and creating loads of work " for the man in blue who was "sick of people not displaying these stickers" so had " no choice" but to fine me a few weeks before this new rule.

I even offered the man to pay the same money to charity rather than the fine as its ridiculous im getting an infringement for something being reversed in a matter of weeks.... And this was my first real penalty in almost 15 years ...." no this is a real problem on the roads" !

I would just knock up a quick letter asking for it to be placed in the bin. May or may not work but its worth a try.

What Uncle said Doish.

Here in Vic it is not uncommon to have a fine waved if you have a good history. Give the letter a crack.

Thanks guys, yes i thought about that too however thought i would save my pardon (RTA website does state that for first time infrignements for drivers with clear past 10 years it may be waved except certain things like speeding in school zones) for when ive does something (hopefully never) a bit more costly and with points involved.

Its the whole concept of the fine days before a rule is being changed that really annoys me - not like i was being dangerous or disruptive.

Ive paid it so moving on now....would have rather put it however to a worth while charity!

Archived