WTB - 996/997

lwbls1

Hi Folks - Happy New Year to you all

Looking to purchase a 996 or 997 - I am new to the Porsche world so hoping the Forum might lead me to a genuine car and a smoother transaction, rather than the pitfalls of Car Sales and Gumtree.

I have driven two manuals but yet to drive an auto - however open to the idea of either. It will be a Sunday car primarily, and the intention would be long term ownership.

My budget does not stretch to a GT2/3 or Turbo, this is me attempting to finally realise a bucket list wish.

My preference is not for a black or silver car. I am happy to travel - when COVID permits - and wont be buying sight unseen, indeed a PPI as well as a personal viewing seems the smart way to go.

If you are SA based and generous enough to be willing to show me the pros and cons, even if your car is not for sale, I would happily take the time to head your way. I am approaching 60 and really dont need to be learning the hard way! 

Thanks for your time and any leads appreciated.