Regular PPI or Borescope & Compression Check on 997.1?

Sherpa

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I'm kicking tyres on 996 and 997s at the moment. I found a 997.1 I'm keen on, but I'm interested in peoples thoughts on pre-purchase inspections?

I'm in Sydney and spoke to Autohaus Hamilton who've quoted $695 for a general PPI and a further $695 for a borescope and compression test. I feel like the later is the only bit I'm particularly worried about with it being a 997 (IMS aside).

What's the general consensus on how far to go on the inspection front?

And, Sydneysiders, is there anywhere else you'd recommend to carry out an inspection?

PR Technology, they charge around $800 for a full PPI including compression & leak down test... bore scope, well I would suggest you only need to go there if the leak down or comp isn't favourable... at which point, you'd probably walk anyway. 

As far as independent shops in Sydney go, I wouldn't go anywhere else considering your subject matter... but dont discount your local Porsche centres, I've used PCSS for a PPI also, they're about $495 without the comp or leak down. 

Good luck

I'd expect a comp check as part of a ppi....not that hard to do.  Depending on where you/the car are located there's the ones mentioned above or Bob Whyms & I'd also recommend Rpm (Ralph) at Arncliffe for a 997.