Are you using a Bosch rotor and cap? or aftermarket units? what about your leads? if you are using carbon leads you are increasing the reststance with the length of the lead. We generally only use Beru wire leads with Bosch rotor and cap. 

As for Cdi units Autohaus hamiltons sell the CDI units, its best to get a matching coil from them as well.

Regards

Sean

From my understanding, with Craine or MSD you can’t use the rotor buttons with the resistor in them. They just burn out. You have to either pick out all of the epoxy and solder in a piece of copper wire and re- epoxy. There are some aftermarket rotors that fit that don’t have any resistor - they are conventional rotors. I have some new ones here at home somewhere. I’ll dig them out and get a part number. I was going to go MSD but am now going EFI with Coil over plug. The only thing is that without the original rotor, the RPM cut out/limiter will have to be sourced from your ignition CDI box. 

cheers

Todd

3 hours ago, TDW911 said:

From my understanding, with Craine or MSD you can’t use the rotor buttons with the resistor in them. They just burn out. You have to either pick out all of the epoxy and solder in a piece of copper wire and re- epoxy. There are some aftermarket rotors that fit that don’t have any resistor - they are conventional rotors. I have some new ones here at home somewhere. I’ll dig them out and get a part number. I was going to go MSD but am now going EFI with Coil over plug. The only thing is that without the original rotor, the RPM cut out/limiter will have to be sourced from your ignition CDI box. 

cheers

Todd

I used one of these - obviously without a resistor - when I went to MSD on my old SC. 

It was basic & very cheap (from USA) but quite hard to find back then. No burn out problems. I think it was AC Delco F403.

DSC021061243394559.jpg