Buying first 911

You might get a better car if you settle for a Targa at that price point too.  Being less popular to the Coupe, there's more for sale at cheaper price points.

When you start looking at the cheaper porsches, colour and trim choices probably won't be a luxury you'll be able to choose..be a case of getting the best value for your $

1986 Targa Carrera $25k

1984 Targa been sitting for years $26500 low ball this one!

1976 blue coupe with the funny business inside $25k

There's lots to choose from under $30 grand

You might get a better car if you settle for a Targa at that price point too.  Being less popular to the Coupe, there's more for sale at cheaper price points.

When you start looking at the cheaper porsches, colour and trim choices probably won't be a luxury you'll be able to choose..be a case of getting the best value for your $

1986 Targa Carrera $25k

1984 Targa been sitting for years $26500 low ball this one!

1976 blue coupe with the funny business inside $25k

There's lots to choose from under $30 grand

ahh i knew i would leave something out criteria no 4 would be a coupe body non sunroof. not a fan of softops or even semi softops. that narrows it down alot when you look through the stuff available.

Cars can be built on a tight budget - it is just a little harder to do so in OZ due to limited  parts and donor cars  - chris jury is walking proof that alot of graft, coupled with doing it differently can work - just can take time. A tight budget can also work if you are not deeply into originality and of course not seeking to build concourse - time, contacts and trying to do as much as you can helps. link to his build - http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/445103-r-outlaw-project.html

25k can buy a solid 912

25k and less buys you a great 914

25k can buy you a worn earlyish 911, unlikely to find an orig rhd long hood in oz for that money anymore - but they do pop up - a 69 in ivory with red interior needing a bit of work but running and regoed sold in ACT last year for 32K another 69T bought in ACT 5 years ago for 22k these now are the exception though.

If you are wanting the early car look buy a 70's car that has been mucked about withand buy fibreglass parts and do a 'simple' backdate or look on trade me there are some good buys on this site from time to time. RS kit in Tasmania was been sold for $250 just recently

I am beginnning to like the 74-77 cars with the bright trim option there are some good buys to be found here - but body condition is paramount perhaps more so than some of the mechanical.

Nothing you havent heard before.

BUT why not a 914 or a 914/6 (this would be a replica) has it been considered and dismissed?

• 3 weeks later...

seems i might have to wait for my 911 once again, i came close to buying one a few years back but travelled instead. this time ive bought a house in its place. im determined to own one but will have to be patient and wait til the time is right. still have my peugeot 205 gti to keep me content.

Archived