New (Tamiya) Boxster....

For those that play R/C, a little present to myself arrived from Japan today 🙂   Long out of production, very lucky top track down an unbuilt version for essentially the same price as a local s/hand one on Ebay at the moment, and I get to paint it my choice of colour.....

And, for those Tamiya fans that missed out on the 959 years ago, you can get a 959 body from L & L Models or TBG and match to a MF01X chassis (buy as a Jimny or rally VW).  My L&L body also arrived today to go with the Jimny that arrived yesterday....  Just need to track down a short drive shaft for the short version of the chassis.

Remaining model to find is the Carrera 996, nearly had one from a guy on south coast NSW but he wouldn't post 😞 

And, a new release in 2023 will by a 992 on the TT02 chassis.  I suppose I'll have to get one of them too......

20230111_140300.jpg

3 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

For those that play R/C, a little present to myself arrived from Japan today 🙂   Long out of production, very lucky top track down an unbuilt version for essentially the same price as a local s/hand one on Ebay at the moment, and I get to paint it my choice of colour.....

And, for those Tamiya fans that missed out on the 959 years ago, you can get a 959 body from L & L Models or TBG and match to a MF01X chassis (buy as a Jimny or rally VW).  My L&L body also arrived today to go with the Jimny that arrived yesterday....  Just need to track down a short drive shaft for the short version of the chassis.

Remaining model to find is the Carrera 996, nearly had one from a guy on south coast NSW but he wouldn't post 😞 

And, a new release in 2023 will by a 992 on the TT02 chassis.  I suppose I'll have to get one of them too......

996 is readily available from Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165258732863?hash=item267a30253f:g:rrAAAOSw0DFhzTMm&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsH%2Fx3VPWxX2dlvpRGoFJCfNBGrohohguEYEr58LkhDSLzgDn6t9uqJ9wZG89Lh5OVcEJbMpaTpNSwtKPMBlHQpTPGjNwFWSdlaHVbUMDVDPW82I2uLbak7aG6e3OhLb6z%2BN4fTpKpD2dY7pBrPe%2FOfIGR4RX7%2F9s2Mdj%2Bn2uXPhG3rVR0ojeZCJ7xDLZATXu99vWIA4fj2uceRpPwl9rh7AS%2B1GCUcTj7lxvzMhMLUBL|tkp%3ABk9SR4D29_izYQ

Personally I would buy the bodyshell and put it on a better chassis like a TA09 Pro.

Thanks for the tip regarding the 959, I know what my next project will be!!

3 hours ago, Carrera28 said:

Not sure I'm prepared to pay double the Boxster money for a Carrera kit at this stage though.  Bodyshell could be an option, but I'll keep a look out.....