Porsches by the Bay - FEB 5th

Nick-PBTB

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

I was told by my council that is illegal, as it is a "trip hazard".

To which I replied, "Well people should stay on the footpath. And by the way, are those raised concrete slabs over there and over there deemed illegal too?...😅

He didn't laugh 🙄

According to my neighbour with a 991GTS he called our local bayside council and complained about the road driveway angle was damaging his car. So they got contractors to come put tarmac on with a cut in the middle for drainage. All for free

40 minutes ago, Nick-PBTB said:

According to my neighbour with a 991GTS he called our local bayside council and complained about the road driveway angle was damaging his car. So they got contractors to come put tarmac on with a cut in the middle for drainage. All for free

Depends where you live sometimes mate. The more salubrious areas I'm sure their council would door knock to ask if they want anything done for free and hand them a bottle of Bolli, yet in my area they door knock to say "Oi peasant, fix that or we'll fine ya!" (I've dealt with the council assholes before...and won) 😅

They rocked up in the past for all sort of things. If the German Shepherds let them slip past , the standard greeting is " I know where you live mate , and I let my mate babba know the address. " We had a pretty good run last 25 years with that line. They don't know we are rather peaceful and all bluff. 🤣

8 hours ago, Stepo said:

only if you get caught doing it.

The old saying, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Yes , I’m contemplating some smallish pavers or bluestone bits with Chemset one night.

4 hours ago, Nick-PBTB said:

Ofcourse , here in the Port Phillip council they do nothing. Even though they said anything across our gutters  was illegal they’d turn a blind eye to it as long as I didn’t let anything block up the water flow. So at least atm the front drive is sorted with 8mm checker plate. The rear access is our issue.

Btw Nick, had Mack here again today.

On 08/02/2023 at 18:27, Nick-PBTB said:

Will be posting more over the coming days. Posting as many as I see to the story as well @porschesbythebay
here’s a google drive link to some more. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1siyTi3f3FFXdlWqZYYAOJAXcVr-ah8NP?usp=sharing

Any more photos? 

I heard there were around 100 cars. Very good turnout!