930 Turbo Paint Colour

911Nic

Hey guys!

Last year I purchased an Australian-delivered 1983 911 Turbo in need of restoration and I'm not far off being ready for painting. The only problem is, the official paint colour code for the build is 99 which represents a custom colour. I reached out to Porsche Australia and they said "the colour is a paint to sample colour and all I can confirm is that it was a Silver Metallic

I then went to research the silver metallics available in 1982 Diamond Silver Metallic (as this was the year of manufacture)  and in 1983 Zermatt Silver Metallic (the year it was delivered).

Now my question is, which would it have most likely been? 

Thanks.

On 31/01/2023 at 23:20, 911Nic said:

Hey guys!

Last year I purchased an Australian-delivered 1983 911 Turbo in need of restoration and I'm not far off being ready for painting. The only problem is, the official paint colour code for the build is 99 which represents a custom colour. I reached out to Porsche Australia and they said "the colour is a paint to sample colour and all I can confirm is that it was a Silver Metallic

I then went to research the silver metallics available in 1982 Diamond Silver Metallic (as this was the year of manufacture)  and in 1983 Zermatt Silver Metallic (the year it was delivered).

Now my question is, which would it have most likely been? 

Thanks.

Nic, I think you are Sydney based. If you can bring an item that you have with the Oem paint on it so we can try some match techniques. Fuel flap small panel etc. We do a lot of air cooled and the boys have all the factory cards and spectro. I can also occasionally get lucky off the vin.

Message me if you like at steven@atlasautobody.com.au