Movement in Steering Column 911

smule

Anyone have experience with rectifying this common problem, as of late I have ever so slight vertical movement in the column.. it seems many of our friends overseas have varying experience with the metal sleeve rectification option with some reporting issues down the track...

Prefering to address the problem properly, has anyone actually dropped the column and changed the worn bushing ? or is the sleeve the way to go ?

Had that happen to my 930. The bush collapsed completely and felt like the steering wheel was going to come out in my hand. Jocaro took the column out and replaced the bush.... Cannot remember how long it took or what it cost sorry.

C

Had that happen to my 930. The bush collapsed completely and felt like the steering wheel was going to come out in my hand. Jocaro took the column out and replaced the bush.... Cannot remember how long it took or what it cost sorry.

C

Same experience exactly, except mine was done at Weissach sport in Coburg. 

I had the plastic bush in the upper column collapse, sudden catastrophic failure resulting in the wheel rattling around the housing, while I was test driving my car before I bought it. This is apparently quite common.  It was replaced with the standard part and 50,000km later it's still good.

Thanks all for your feedback, I've done a fair bit of reading last couple of days and decided to do the job properly rather than use the sleeve..

Looks like a job for the Easter weekend coming up.... Will pull the camera out and take some photos...

Archived