Haunted Hills PCV Competition day 14/3/10

Kerry

Hi All,

Thought I'd post a video of Dexter and myself last weekend at Haunted Hills. Excuse the pretty crappy quality, I think I was more interested in enjoying the driving, sights and sounds, than concentrating on the best angle for the camera (or whether I had the correct resolution selected :blink::angry: ) etc, however, you get the idea. Thanks to Doug for his excellent unsteadycam work as well! :P:D

For what its worth, my best time was 61 seconds, and I think the best on the day for the simple circuit was around 55/56secs, so there were those finding much better lines, later braking, and carrying more momentum than me! Perfect day, great company, plenty of Stuttgarts finest, and our own mini Nurburgring - what else do you want?! ;)

Kerry

Nice. I've run a bike around HH for a test day. Little low on the runoff side of things for bikes but was a great little layout. Favourite points were braking in the big downhill 'dipper' (about 1/3 of the way around) and the left hand crested corner leading on to the curved back straight (which led to lots of wheelies down the straight :) ).

Cheers Paul, yes descent is right! The carpark, cafe, viewing platform, start/finish etc are all at the top of the hill and you plunge deep down into the valley before returning back up for the finish. I think the club has another day down there toward to end of the year, and with "entree" class, it makes it really easy to get in and just have a go without having to be part of the competition side of things. All you need is a skid-lid, fire extinguisher, and a LS2 CAMS licence (which you apply for via application form - no test), and off you go! (oh and you need to be a member of a car club)

Wobbly, I think the "dipper" you refer to is known affectionately as "Oh Shit!". :D ...and on a bike - you must be joking! :P:)

Steve, which is the vid of paddock bashing on the site? Send me a link, I'm intrigued. As for P.I., are you meeting the convoy at Tooradin @ 8am, or will we just see you down there? Look forward to it.

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

Not a vidio just photo of someone lossing it, (photo sec PCV h/hills photo 46)

if i bring the PCar will try to meet all at Tooradin, otherwise will catch up at PI dont want to tag in with the golf and spoil the convoy, will wait to see what the weather is when i leave Clunes.

Cheers

Steve.

Thanks Kerry, great little video nicely put together. Looks like a great little hill climb(as much descent as climb?). Might have to get myself a helmet!

Paul M.

Hi Paul,

Definitely get your self a helmet. HH was my first time on a track. Entree class provides instructors and a very enjoyable experience.

As you can see from pic I can't even get on to the ripple strip. Instructor: "You've paid for the whole track...so use it!" ;):lol:

BryantPark100314x.jpg

Good shooting tdc911!

What exactly did he hit other than the kitty litter/dirt? Was this the sequence of corners having just come out of the "crossover" (of the figure 8), up and over the blind crest and into the S bend?

I've just been scouring the net looking for a map of the track to better describe the location, does anyone know of one?

Kerry

Good shooting tdc911!

What exactly did he hit other than the kitty litter/dirt? Was this the sequence of corners having just come out of the "crossover" (of the figure 8), up and over the blind crest and into the S bend?

Kerry

Yes. There is no kitty litter at that corner, so he just went over the dirt into the embankment.

Not to thread hijack too much :D but if anyone is interested here's some video from an alternate point of view from one of our guys. This is on a single cylinder honda dirt bike with slicks on it :)

I also ran my husky around here and would love to belt the car around as well, would no doubt be a lot of fun too :)

Ah, yes.... well... 99% of the action was ON the track! :blink::huh::D

Nice shooting NIKO!

slide_HAUNTED_HILLS_14-3-10_NIKOFOT.jpg

Kerry

Thanks Kerry, must admit I decided it was time to move when this all started happening. I thought it was going to roll in my direction. This was about the only one of the sequence that focused up properly due to my "hot extraction" from the area. The car and driver will remain annonymous. I do have a shot of the driver and car after the excursion and he wasn't very happy.

OK, Kerry and Douglas, it's all your fault! I've jumped on the slippery slope, got my new helmet and even a nicely priced driving suit. Now I need contact lenses,an L2S licence and PCV membership ! But it will be Entree Class for me, Catherine,my wife, has already said I'm not to damage our little Porsche.

Keep up the good work, really enjoying the Forum.

Paul Miniken

OK, Kerry and Douglas, it's all your fault! I've jumped on the slippery slope, got my new helmet and even a nicely priced driving suit. Now I need contact lenses,an L2S licence and PCV membership ! But it will be Entree Class for me, Catherine,my wife, has already said I'm not to damage our little Porsche.

Paul Miniken

FANTASTIC!

I was speaking with the VP of the PCV at the GP, (yes over a G&T, OK!), and he was telling me that there are 2 driver education days coming up pitched at drivers in the entree class. At least one of them at the Police Training Centre at Attwood (which is also a hoot), and if my memory serves me correctly, the other day might be at P.Is. Something to think about as well.

And don't worry Catherine, we all get told that our lives won't be worth living if the adored Pcars come home in pieces! :rolleyes::lol:

Cheers,

Kerry

Paul Miniken

:lol::lol::lol:

My first PCV event was a mid 911 register run up to Yarck. I had tremendous fun following kerry in his 964 RS around Kinglake/Healesville.

I thought this experience would only be amplified on a track...and it is.

I blame Kerry for this obsession ;)

Doug

CAMS License Application

Archived