Seems like a fishing price to me. Give it a couple of weeks and it will be 50k.

Its not a bad strategy.

Done it myself..........

The more I read about G50's the less I want one..........a nice 915 with WEVO gear is just fine and much lighter.........

The more I read about 915's the more I know I am going to need a G50 or a short case 4 speed. This makes me sad for 3 reasons. I like the fact its not easy to drive. I like the fact its lighter than a G50. I don't like the fact its going to cost me alot of money to swap gearboxes. But in the end its been well proven that they don't lik the torque that a turbo motor makes.

The more I read about 915's the more I know I am going to need a G50 or a short case 4 speed. This makes me sad for 3 reasons. I like the fact its not easy to drive. I like the fact its lighter than a G50. I don't like the fact its going to cost me alot of money to swap gearboxes. But in the end its been well proven that they don't lik the torque that a turbo motor makes.

You may want to try these guys in SA.

They can supply you with the gubbins to make the 915 work in 300Hp+ applications.

http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/

Francis Tuthill uses them for all their rally cars.

Going G50 entails Torsion Bar Tube amendments..........and they are heavy rattly bastards.

The G50/6 in my 968 CS was the best gearbox I have ever had...........Fidanza single mass made it rattle but man did that thing just 'work'.

I like the 915 because it involves effort, mechanical sympathy and precision..............no cup holders :ph34r:

Only problem with the 915 case is you just can not get the flex out of the case that kills the rest of it. Wevo make some good fixes but they are not the total answer. Once I get my car running again I am going to order some Wevo billet goodies for the gearbox rebuild workshop. 110% with you on the no cup holders :P

Well, if someone spots this car dropping to 50k let me know.

The seats are a bit ordinary but no car is exactly the way you want it.  It looks just like the sort of thing I could spend time admiring.

Having said that, the photos of hte service books shows the last service was 6 years and 20,000 kms ago.  Why do people do that?  If you have a full service history _get_the_damn_book_stamped_ and keep it going.

Uncle what kind of torque figure are you aiming for?

The 915 limit was 442Nm

Agree with Wasser , these race derived boxes are very nice when set up properly. But they only work well if you shift mindfully.

Archived