WTB: Boxster 18" Rims

NiX

Hi All,

Im on the lookout for a new set of rims, thought I could get them repaired/polished & bring up like new.

But was sadly mistake when I took the car down to Advanced Alloy wheel repairs in Moorabbin & informed that they are corroded (Box was imported from the UK in 2009 & salt added to icy roads)  would be a waste of money getting them repaied, get some new ones.

These are the current rims I have (notice the corrosion - about 10 o'clock)  I like the simplicatiy of the rim & prefer to stay inline with this kind of style.

IMG_0052.jpg

Front - 7.5 (50mm off set)
Back - 9  (52mm offset)

Have found these similar rims on ebay would these fit my 2003 Boxster?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/18-inch-Genuine-PORSCHE-997-ALLOY-WHEELS-/170955828557?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27cdc2ed4d

Or if anyone knows of where I can pick x 4 rims like my current or the ebay ones please let me know.

Any advice would be greatly apprecitaed.

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Nick,

I think Niko can probably help you out with a contact that he bought his wheels from. I think they are in Sydney but if I remember he spoke really highly of the place he got them from....

C

Hi Chris,

Yes your right, this is the same seller Niko purchased his rims from.

Did a little research (on PFA) prior to posting, was the recommendation from Niko's post & purchase that lead me to this seller.

Still waiting for the sellers confirmation that the rims will or won't fit, hope they do as I they are the closest have found so far.

Cheers,

Nick

Most boxster Rear offsets are 40 to 50 in 8.5" so you want to be careful in going to offset 58 in a 10". Better a 9" as tyre width also comes into play for clearance.

Cheers,Mark.

And according to one of the many manuals that came with my car (throwing them in a drawer inside the house would likely give a noticeable difference to fuel economy BTW ;) ) I can use 18" with 8" wide 57mm offset front and 9" wide 43mm offset rears as this was the 18" option available from the factory

Thanks for the link. I have no idea what is going on with all this clearance issue but am assuming that if I get the same wheels that were optional on my car from new (18" S wheels) then they should fit straight out of the box.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading Danny's review of Jean Pierre @ Unsurpassed, I booked into have my car done as well for a full detail.

Purchased 2 x second hand front rims, Jean Pierre repaired & repainted all 4, which I'm very pleased with.

Pickup the car today.... been there for 6 days so far - looking forward to the finished product!!

BEFORE

IMG_0051.jpg

Rimsbefore.jpg

AFTER

Rimsafter1.jpg

Rimsafter2-1.jpg

Image.jpg

Image6.jpg

Try AGR tyre & wheel in Sefton NSW.

They seem to have a fair few traded wheels.

Had a look at the range, some tempting rims available but reviews on the Kumho tyres they are flogging are a little poor. Might think about just getting wheels then add tyres locally, thanks for the tip.

Archived