Rennsport 2023

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

Make sure you understand what you’re going to see…

Lots of good car spotting, but I found the actual racing lacklustre. Not even close to say Goodwood or CLM. 

Well worth seeing once.  It's an amazing homage to the marque and you'll see cars there that you'll never see anywhere else - but it's not really a racing event.  It's more a GIANT Porsche Cars'n'Coffee.  I reckon you probably only need an entire day (1.5 days tops) to see it all rather than a long weekend.  Definitely incorporate it into a bigger LA-SF-LV road trip or USA holiday.

39 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Well worth seeing once.  It's an amazing homage to the marque and you'll see cars there that you'll never see anywhere else - but it's not really a racing event.  It's more a GIANT Porsche Cars'n'Coffee.  I reckon you probably only need an entire day (1.5 days tops) to see it all rather than a long weekend.  Definitely incorporate it into a bigger LA-SF-LV road trip or USA holiday.

OK, interesting info, so probably not worth a trip just to go to it then??

Going to Phillip Island Historics this weekend, so will see how much that satisfies my need to see old Porsche racing cars........

5 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Going to Phillip Island Historics this weekend, so will see how much that satisfies my need to see old Porsche racing cars........

Hard to say on your behalf, it's a long/expensive trip for just a couple of days.  I went with a bunch of Porsche loving blokes and we had a great time!  We also got a Vegas visit in so it was a very fun 8 days ;) If I was with just my wife, I'd have had to make make it just a component of a bigger holiday  :D

5 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Hard to say on your behalf, it's a long/expensive trip for just a couple of days.  I went with a bunch of Porsche loving blokes and we had a great time!  We also got a Vegas visit in so it was a very fun 8 days ;) If I was with just my wife, I'd have had to make make it just a component of a bigger holiday  :D

Was thinking I'd try to do a Porsche Experience Centre too.  Have an expression of interest from a mate who has lots of very nice equipment and no doubt "knows" people, so could be some nice add ons too???  Anyway, see how the weekend goes...

1 hour ago, Fishcop said:

We did have a good time. What was the squirrel’s name again?

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Come say hello at PI / group S #50