996.2 Exhaust.

NAC911

Hi folks,

looking to upgrade my exhaust for a better "Cup" style note.

Already have Fabspeed Maxflow mufflers which are relatively quiet, but thinking about extractors and high flow cats.

What's your thoughts and suggestions? 

Cheers Norm.

Thankyou! Will extractors make much difference? 

Maybe to the flow as opposed to the standard headers, Which would probably be handy on a race engine, but hardly worth it on a daily, As the mufflers or lack of them is what controls the sound produced. 

You might also want to look into Cold Air Induction if you want improved noise 

I fitted a cold air induction system to my car:

fabspeed-motorsport-fabspeed-porsche-996

Personally I think there is no performance improvement from CAI and it's snake oil when they claim it,  However the induction noise sounds great.

I have a full sports exhaust system on my 996 which makes a nice noise, even with that system adding the CAI added a really nice additional noise when accelerating hard with negligible increase at highway cruising speeds.

If what you are after is improved noise with a louder more aggressive cadence then I would be looking at your mufflers, changing the baffles within them can increase or decrease noise and reputable shop should be able to give you options and then I would look at CAI.

• 1 month later...