Ceika Coilovers on Porsche 996/997.1 RWD

CapnHyaku

3 hours ago, CapnHyaku said:

I assure you it isn't, CEIKA have confirmed: "The 996 C4 is different, the coilover can be adjusted like a standard coilover (like the rear for example. I attached a picture. We can't make it like that on the C2 because the diameter is too thin )"

Yep, exactly the problem I have.

New spacers on now:

image.png.2f49e08ddd81b600bce550842cfc64f4.png

Ok I stand corrected haha. Wow I did not think they would limit the design that way. 

Full disclosure one of the designers at Ceika was a member of a car club I used to be a part of, and he was pretty specific with his engineering and measurements. Glad it is sorted though 

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/05/2023 at 13:53, CapnHyaku said:

So here is a side by side.  I selected the option "Low" on the CEIKA site, instead of "Extra Low" or "Lift".  The pop-out text describes "Low" as adjustable from "around stock height to -10".  I have the front at the highest setting and it is sitting super low.  I will continue to work through this with CEIKA but so far... I am not impressed.

Before:

image.thumb.png.fc5c3c14a530a3ae512bff3afb08548f.png

After:

image.thumb.png.1b0299207a5dfe8391444bb33a90f3d7.png

All good now with the spacer's added.  Thanks for the tips and advice all!

image.thumb.png.e39cf3658fb914acf7dd487950ec7f12.png

On 08/05/2023 at 13:53, CapnHyaku said:

So here is a side by side.  I selected the option "Low" on the CEIKA site, instead of "Extra Low" or "Lift".  The pop-out text describes "Low" as adjustable from "around stock height to -10".  I have the front at the highest setting and it is sitting super low.  I will continue to work through this with CEIKA but so far... I am not impressed.

Before:

image.thumb.png.fc5c3c14a530a3ae512bff3afb08548f.png

After:

image.thumb.png.1b0299207a5dfe8391444bb33a90f3d7.png

I do like Seal Grey, perhaps that's why I'm onto my third Seal Grey car......

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/05/2023 at 10:30, woot woot said:

How the ride and control over bumps?

It's really hard for me to describe.  It is so difficult to describe without two cars to hop in and do the exact same route back to back.

I does feel different to before.  The most noticable instance was when I recently took a bumby negative camber corner with some speed.  It did feel as though the car did not roll as much but instead felt like a more even bounce at all four corners.

My neighbour (the racer) is going to share his verdict soon.