Simworx and iracing - good?

mc968cs

Hi, i am close to buying a simworx racing rig to try with iracing, and wondering if anyone has one and any feedback on them as kit?  Good?

This is their base kit, circa $25k.  then you can add motion etc, but I figure that can come down the track if I get really into it.   I do want a turnkey system...not interested in building set from lots of individual purchases. 

Simworx Sport setup

image.thumb.png.abb0a2b2ba866860679da79f4809409b.png

1 hour ago, mc968cs said:

Hi, im am close to buying a simworx racing rig to try with iracing, and wondering if anyone has one and any feedback on them as kit?  Good?

This is their base kit, circa $25k.  then you can add motion etc, but I figure that can come down the track if I get really into it.   I do want a turnkey system...not interested in building set from lots of individual purchases. 

Simworx Sport setup

image.thumb.png.abb0a2b2ba866860679da79f4809409b.png

I have a similar setup, money well spent if it helps you keep it off the wall once in real life. It has been a great training tool for my on track driving. In short, do it. 

• 4 weeks later...

I haven’t heard anything bad about simworx, to be honest I don’t normally look at what companies are selling turn key setups for so I don’t know how on the money that is but judging by the looks of some of the equipment in that photo it looks like good gear.

I personally built all my own gear.

as for iRacing, yes, it’s the most common used sim software for the enthusiasts and pro’s although assetto corsa competizione is also very good if you like GT racing, and isn’t on an on going subscription model like iRacing , iRacing can get expensive quick, buying cars and tracks on top of the subscription but there’s a reason people do it, it’s the best for multiplayer online against others, I recommend if it’s your first time in iRacing just use the test drive option and get used to the cars and tracks before the mayhem of online racing, especially in rookie classes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 26/08/2023 at 09:14, mc968cs said:

Thanks.  Have parked the sim idea -is a bit too sedentary.
️ golf here I come! 

I recently moved on from my racing simulator and had a golf simulator installed, i love being able to play golf at home and use it every day compared to my racing simulator which i used alot initially but the interest faded away.

I went through the guys at Golfsim Australia they were great :)

• 1 month later...