993 Immobilizer won't allow car to start.

nine93

I'm looking for some advice/help getting my immobilizer working again for my 993.

At the moment the immobilizer isn't talking to the car to allow the engine to start !

I have replaced the car battery (which was on the way out anyway)

I have replaced the battery in the immobilizer which seems to be working enough for the red light on it to light up when pressed.

I swapped out the DME relay incase that was causing the issue, but still no luck.

The car is luckily unlocked but won't re-arm or disarm the alarm or let the car start. 

I currently have the new battery on charge incase it was low but don't think that was the issue. I've put in a call to Porsche Melb who were no help at all. Unfortunately I live 1 1/2 hrs from Melb so will need the car to go on a flat bed if I cant get it going.

Any help would be great from someone that has experienced something similar.

Thanks Kev.

3 hours ago, nine93 said:

I'm looking for some advice/help getting my immobilizer working again for my 993.

At the moment the immobilizer isn't talking to the car to allow the engine to start !

I have replaced the car battery (which was on the way out anyway)

I have replaced the battery in the immobilizer which seems to be working enough for the red light on it to light up when pressed.

I swapped out the DME relay incase that was causing the issue, but still no luck.

The car is luckily unlocked but won't re-arm or disarm the alarm or let the car start. 

I currently have the new battery on charge incase it was low but don't think that was the issue. I've put in a call to Porsche Melb who were no help at all. Unfortunately I live 1 1/2 hrs from Melb so will need the car to go on a flat bed if I cant get it going.

Any help would be great from someone that has experienced something similar.

Thanks Kev.

By lmobilizer do you mean key fob, Or has your car have an after market system?

Hey Kev, there are instructions either in the book , or will be on rennlist on how to program the fob if you haven’t started it for a loooooooooooooong time , that could be what it is, read the instructions a few times and follow it accurately ( took me a couple of go’s )

7 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

Hey Kev, there are instructions either in the book , or will be on rennlist on how to program the fob if you haven’t started it for a loooooooooooooong time , that could be what it is, read the instructions a few times and follow it accurately ( took me a couple of go’s )

Thanks Steve, I'll give that a crack tomorrow. Hoping by then the new battery is fully charged and it works without having to re-program

3 hours ago, TDW911 said:

Must be a late 993 as the early ones only had alarm and no immobiliser. Is this the case or is it an early car with an aftermarket system. Just trying to work out the problem.

TDW, yes its a late 97 and only has the factory system. The key fob seems to be lighting up, just not talking to the car.