Engine oil - 718 Spyder

BernieK

Bernie,

Does this photo recommend the same oils and required approvals as your owner's manual?

oil_spec_for_spyder_42a560f19bc3da95aef0b98115ebbdeecc3e2e0d.webp

If that's the case, I think you may struggle to buy oils with the required Porsche C40 or the alternative VW511.00 approvals off the shelf from your favorite parts store.  However I notice Supercheap Auto will order in the factory fill Mobil 1 ESP X3 OW-40P for you at $150/jug.

If your engine is desperately low of oil and at potential risk of damage I wouldn't hesitate to top up with a name brand 5w-40 oil with the most appropriate API approval being SP (Look for "API SP" on the bottle).  You should be able to buy this anywhere.

As for oil use, just take care to check it on a level location each time. 

Bernie, it looks like the oil you've named is the correct oil but seemingly not readily available in store currently as suggested by @Peter M. Online part suppliers seem to range it otherwise special order @ supercheap auto.

A couple online suppliers:

https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/mobil-esp-x3-0w40-5l?utm_term=MOBIL-ESP-X3-0W40-5L&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5fetBhC9ARIsAP1UMgErNEE0e4y2TcMOBYah1vbMKbGaK5kwZ_IMeCUB7apU1rnnEjyus9gaAoRYEALw_wcB

https://www.m1oils.com.au/product/mobil-1-0w-40-esp-x3/

Local dealer might also sell the 1 liter top up bottles?...