1992 968 tiptronic coupe

For Sale is my 1992 968 tiptronic coupe. Australian delivered, quite rare in the scheme of Porsche cars, only manufactured for a few years and sold in the depths of global recession for an eye watering $140+k.

Some info about it...

- Asking $32,000

- Bought Sept 2018.  I understand the previous owner did a lot of mechanical replacement/refurbishment at Buchanan’s and had it fully repainted as well as the dash fully reconditioned.

- Colour is metallic black with bronze flecks, light grey interior and has a dash mat.  Car radio is not original, it has Bluetooth and phone microphone.

- Went on to NSW historics Feb 2023

- Major items by Buchanan’s – new radiator incl transmission cooler to radiator bypass, new cam belt and other belts, water pump, transmission service (2018, 2019, 2020)

- Major item by BWA – new transmission damper (2020)

- Oil filter and oil changes by various local mechanics every 12 months. 

- Paint is pretty good although the front spoiler does have some patina as seen in the photos.

- Accident history – about 2 years ago I rolled backwards (brake off, no throttle pressure) in to a tree on my property (at night and the tinting is darker than a piece of 4 inch thick plywood).  Nothing needed replacing but the rear bumper and hatch hockey sticks needed repair which was done and the rear half of the car was repainted to ensure it all matched.

- Items needing attention – odometer broken Sept 2018 (<10kms after buying the car, I pressed the trip meter reset button while moving), oil leaking from cam cover gasket in to sparkplug lead recess, driver’s seat bolster and seat leather is starting to fail, at the last service it was noted that one of the transmission mounts was needing replacement, passenger door only opens from the inside, front speakers are a little rattle-y on deep notes.

- Electrics like headlights, power windows, rear demister etc etc all work as expected. 

- I have driven it probably 5-7k kms per year although I'm unable to validate this.  I drive it to work 3-5 times a month (60km return) and on the weekends.

Andrew 0438869512. Located north west Sydney in The Hills district (closest traffic light is 20kms away).

photos available https://www.instagram.com/jakroo/

IMG_20240329_182016812_HDR.jpg

9 minutes ago, JLD said:

OOOH very nice. Quite tempting! How many ks does the odometer show before stopping?

158700, ticking over to 158701 😊

17121088085665305736549495875592.jpg