Porsche Classic Melbourne - any experience?

Hi Folks,

New to getting work done in Aus/Melbourne.  I have a 993 and it needs a couple of jobs done, like the good ol Timing Chain Covers on one side, couple of other little things.

Wanted to see if anyone has used Porsche Classic Melbourne - I have heard mixed reviews from Porsche Classic Centres in the US, and I assume they are about 30-40% more expensive than a good independent - my question is more about the quality of the work - would be cool if anyone has taken their babies there.

thanks in advance!

26 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Hi Folks,

New to getting work done in Aus/Melbourne.  I have a 993 and it needs a couple of jobs done, like the good ol Timing Chain Covers on one side, couple of other little things.

Wanted to see if anyone has used Porsche Classic Melbourne - I have heard mixed reviews from Porsche Classic Centres in the US, and I assume they are about 30-40% more expensive than a good independent - my question is more about the quality of the work - would be cool if anyone has taken their babies there.

thanks in advance!

Where in Melbourne are you located? 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, hugh said:

Where in Melbourne are you located? 

Office is CBD / Home is Toorak 🤢 So I cant beat the convenience of it's location

Edited by Farlz
Mistake

9 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Office is CBD / Home is Toorak 🤢 So I cant beat the convenience of it's location

I've never used PCM for any servicing so can't comment on their price and/or quality. We do have quite a few really great independent workshops here in Melb, unfortunately none are really in the CBD though. 

In all honestly, I can highly recommend either Darren @ Autocoupe or Nick @ Cascone Autosport. Darren is in Croydon, Nick is in Moorabbin - may not be as convenient but likely will be competitively priced and generally have a lot more of the older AC cars in their workshops ;)

Yes I have use them and can recommend them.

They have looked after my 1968 911L swb and my current car a 1977 Carrera 3.0.

As far as cost is concerned I have found them comparable with the independents. Servicing is no more expensive at Pcm Classic than it was when I lived in Sydney.

We have excellent independents in Melbourne too, and I agree with Hugh. In addition to the ones Hugh  mentions you have Harrison Rrr in outer east, and weissach Sport in coburg. 

like you the location and convenience was a factor in trying pcm out initially. But I’ve been very happy with them since dipping my toe in the water back in 2017 when they were awarded classic status from Porsche ag.

they look after many 356s, early 911s,g series cars like mine -964s etc etc. A number of the senior techs remember my car from 30 years ago which I really get a buzz from.

So I’d give them a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

pm me if you like.

justin

39 minutes ago, reedminor said:

Yes I have use them and can recommend them.

They have looked after my 1968 911L swb and my current car a 1977 Carrera 3.0.

As far as cost is concerned I have found them comparable with the independents. Servicing is no more expensive at Pcm Classic than it was when I lived in Sydney.

We have excellent independents in Melbourne too, and I agree with Hugh. In addition to the ones Hugh  mentions you have Harrison Rrr in outer east, and weissach Sport in coburg. 

like you the location and convenience was a factor in trying pcm out initially. But I’ve been very happy with them since dipping my toe in the water back in 2017 when they were awarded classic status from Porsche ag.

they look after many 356s, early 911s,g series cars like mine -964s etc etc. A number of the senior techs remember my car from 30 years ago which I really get a buzz from.

So I’d give them a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

pm me if you like.

justin

Thanks Justin,

This is helpful, exactly the thing to lower my heart rate!  I think I will go for convenience on the first round.