Leather conditioner/treatment recommendation

I'm keen for recommendations on good leather conditioner creams to apply to 1980s G body leather seats.  I've used a number of products over the years but wondered what is good on the market at the moment. My Leatherique products have been on the shelf for like 15 years.

#1 priority is to soften and condition the leather, as opposed to a cleaner.  (There are a plethora of cleaners on the market).

My understanding is that there is a difference between original leather seats vs more modern PU type leather seats. So want something that is effective on 80s leather seats.

Thanks

Diamond

I know it is not some fancy brand with amazing promises, but if the leather is in good conition, I just use sorbolene face cream from Chemist Warehouse - cheap, simple and seems to work fine. If not, I just use lanolin saddle leather conditioner from our local rural supply shop.

I use this kit here. Works an absolute treat and makes the leather look great 

https://autobarn.com.au/ab/Autobarn-Category/Shop-our-Full-Range-by-Brand-at-Autobarn/Oakwood/Oakwood-Leather-Care-Complete-Protection-Pack---OP119/p/CC05753?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlIG2BhC4ARIsADBgpVQGXejSVnnHqpbfuCsSEUCt_uZ_KlbA1Zs-GQHwjItvecyJzNV0vxUaAmcMEALw_wcB

The pic attached is the first treatment on seats that haven't been conditioned in over 18 years. 

Screenshot_20240817_211738_Gallery.jpg

31 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.380ea97073f62ccd225b9ec1f13c83f0.jpeg

I used these when I was restoring some 986 Boxster seats that were heavily damaged.  Because I had no idea how much leather was left, I was after a cleaner that was effective at cleaning but was not abrasive in case the leather was not in good shape.  Because I was redyeing the leather it was important to clean and soften the leather so that the dye would bond well and the leather was softened before hand as conditioner post dying will not penetrate as effectively for a couple of months.

I found both these products really effective and it was nicely non abrasive in cleaning, I conditioned the seats a couple of times and left them for a week before dying the seats and the leather was nicely softened, but not greasy, and the dye went on beautifully after another quick clean.

I bought them off eBay and they came from England and they were not super expensive.  On my 997 seats which have modern leather, that has been barely been sat in, I use Meguairs Gold Class leather conditioner which is a creme that does a great job of moisturising modern leather

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B089Z96JHV/ref=ewc_pr_img_3?smid=ANEGB3WVEVKZB&psc=1

However, on older leather or leather that has been more heavily worn I would favour using the gliptone products.

• 3 weeks later...