Smash Repairer - Newcastle

Don't worry, it's not for the Porsche. :)

The misses car is in need of a few repairs, none of them here fault. Some lowlife walked up her bonnet and dinted it a few years ago, I backed it into a trailer a few months ago (you cant see shit out the back of a VE ute) and a truck hit her last week and failed to stop leaving her shaken but unhurt.

All this ads up to her beloved ute needing a tide up. I have used Nova Smash before for my old XR8 and they were excellent but thought there might be some members here who have had great experiences with others repairers in town I could get competitive quotes off.

Cheers

Ben

The wife's Touareg was backed in to by a 4WD last year - the insurance repair was undertaken by Warners Bay Paint & Panel -

http://www.wbpaintnpanel.com.au/

Friendly, polite, respectful, and a fantastic job.

Even rang up a couple of times over the next few weeks to make sure we were happy with their work.

Can't comment on prices bec it was an insurance job.

I've heard good things about Bowers but had difficulties with their customer service when trying to book, so went elsewhere.

Steve Koulis Smash Repairs also has a good rep.

Some years ago I had some work done by Marty's Smash Repairs in Wickham - nice guys and cash-in-hand discounts, great work on my 180SX but ended up with orange peel on my Supra.

Avoid - A&S Auto Body Repairs in Wickham. Personal bad experience. *Shudder*

Thanks for the feedback all. I will get three quotes, one from Nova Smash, Steve Koulis and WBPP.

Firstly.... The headline creates panic in the PFA Forum.

Secondly .... Your wife drives a Ute?   Cool.

It is nice to be able to drive her car knowing it's not a "chicks car". She wants a Maloo next, who am i to argue. ;)

I second that. AVOID A&S at Wickham. They did a crap repair on my Holden recently. Also avoid Gary Pockets at Gateshead. He did some work on my Porsche. Told my it would be 6 weeks. Ended up with my car for 5 months. He used to be one of the best in Newcastle. Now he doesn't care about his reputation. He did a crap job.The paint is now lifting in places. It looked ok when I picked it up but now scratch marks and repairs are now showing up through the paint. I wasted $9000 on that prick. Avoid at all costs. Bowers did a crap job on my Landrover years ago. They left a huge run in the paint. Steve Koulos used to do good work. Not sure now that his son runs the show. I would love to find a good Pannel Beater myself. Unfortunately, Its very hard to find good tradesmen today.

Archived