LHD in QLD

I was just perusing the Lhd vehicle information, and it seems to me that you can only register a Lhd car in qld using the historic registration type, which has a lot of restrictions on use.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/Registration/Registering%20vehicles/Street%20rods%20and%20vintage%20cars/Special_interest_vehicle_scheme_guide.pdf

Cn anyone shed any light on this? Anyone got a left hooker registered in queensland?

Lhd is ok with me, restricted driving is not. Having a car you can't drive would send me around the twist.

I was just perusing the Lhd vehicle information, and it seems to me that you can only register a Lhd car in qld using the historic registration type, which has a lot of restrictions on use.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/Registration/Registering%20vehicles/Street%20rods%20and%20vintage%20cars/Special_interest_vehicle_scheme_guide.pdf

Cn anyone shed any light on this? Anyone got a left hooker registered in queensland?

Lhd is ok with me, restricted driving is not. Having a car you can't drive would send me around the twist.

Drive to Tassy , get it registered , drive back  ;)

Drive to Tassy , get it registered , drive back  ;)

Get hassled by the local force...have insurance hassles

I would rather normal qld registration with Lhd. I can't seem to work if that is possible.

The amount of FUD that goes on with LHD in this country is unbelievable. Thousands of people in the uk drive left hookers every day.

thousands of people in the UK also go across the channel and drive in Europe every day.

I don't think Uncle has any issues with his car and is in a similar sort of situation.

As far as I understand it's just a matter of meeting ADR/NCOP standards like side intrusion bars in the doors,ADR seat belts bla bla bla then getting an inspection done as per a normal interstate or over 3 months out of rego requirement. I know guys who drive left hook Camaro's on full rego in QLD so it can be done for sure. You will just need to jump though the normal Govco hoops to do it.

Also clearly the car must be over 30 years old.

I left my car Tassie rego so I can have the roll cage in it. I also don't have to get the car inspected each year.

As far as I understand it's just a matter of meeting ADR/NCOP standards like side intrusion bars in the doors,ADR seat belts bla bla bla then getting an inspection done as per a normal interstate or over 3 months out of rego requirement. I know guys who drive left hook Camaro's on full rego in QLD so it can be done for sure. You will just need to jump though the normal Govco hoops to do it.

I left my car Tassie rego so I can have the roll cage in it. I also don't have to get the car inspected each year.

Can you register in your name with your NSW address or do you have it in someone else's name?

Thanks...if you happen to talk to said guys in LHD Camaros find out how they did it :)

Can you register in your name with your NSW address or do you have it in someone else's name?

It's registered in my name at an address in Tasmania. 

Thanks...if you happen to talk to said guys in LHD Camaros find out how they did it :)

I'll ask for you. But on the whole it wasn't all that hard really. 

Archived