904 Re-creation valuation

Hey Doug,

ZUPER cool car in fact!!! ;):D

In answer to the questions from the other post...

It is not the same as the one on my website which is a real one. B) Sorry, had to point it out! B):rolleyes:

It looks different because firstly, it has fuchs on, and secondly, it isn't wearing any decals. Other than that it looks really close indeed. I don't remember the gate looking like that, however I have to say, its very tempting to go in a have a look... how about it, wanna meet me in there late one arvo this week?

As far as the rims are concerned, there is an ad in one of the English Pcar mags at the moment for repro's appropriate to the car for about 850 quid each!!! :blink::blink: If ya don't mind?! :huh::o:P

The question is, why is it nominated as being a 1967. My understanding was that they were '64/'65 cars. Does it mean its built on a '67 frame, but of what?!

Does anyone know of a real one being sold recently, and what it went for?

As for your earlier question, I'd imagine there might only be one real one in Aussie, unless someone who's been to Lindsay's shed lately can tell me different. Someone told me that this car was built for an South Australian who wanted to compete in the Classic Adelaide.

Cheers,

Kerry

From the add under Features This item has the following features:

This Porsche 904 Re-creation was originally built for journalist Nick Brittan to compete in the Classic Adelaide rally. It features a mid-mounted 3.0 litre flat-six engine and 5 speed transaxle

together with period bodywork and detailing.

I do remember seeing it at the classic in the touring class 2005 I think :unsure::unsure: Regards Peter

As for your earlier question, I'd imagine there might only be one real one in Aussie, unless someone who's been to Lindsay's shed lately can tell me different.

Cheers,

Kerry

There is a green one in Queensland, came down for the 356 Parade a few years ago.

img1669v.jpg

It is not the same as the one on my website which is a real one. B) Sorry, had to point it out! B):rolleyes:

Such an uber cool car. B)

Does not quite look right with the fuchs. :huh:

It was not the wheels or the decals that confused me. It was the size of the side air vents. But I guess they could have been changed over time.

Compare side air vents with those pctured in the attachments below :o

The question is, why is it nominated as being a 1967. My understanding was that they were '64/'65 cars. Does it mean its built on a '67 frame, but of what?!

Good question.

Does anyone know of a real one being sold recently, and what it went for?

904 gts for sale at Euro 800,000

It looks different because firstly, it has fuchs on, and secondly, it isn't wearing any decals. Other than that it looks really close indeed. I don't remember the gate looking like that, however I have to say, its very tempting to go in a have a look... how about it, wanna meet me in there late one arvo this week?

I would love to see this car in the flesh but when I rang they said it was off-site and they ould call me when it was in.

Hey Guy's,

This car did Haunted Hills in 2008, I think it was for sale on the club web site last year, Kerry I think you were at that meeting, is this a 904 too.

Regs, Peter.

You're right Peter, thats Ken's car, and I saw him drive it with serious conviction a couple of times, both hillclimbs. That is the car that I shot last year. One of my absolute favourite cars! :wub:

Kerry

Hi guys,

This sounds like I have a serious phsychological fixation with side air vents, but it appears to me that the car for sale at duttons has much smaller side air vents than the one pictured at HH. Any thoughts?

Imagine how fast the car would be with so little weight. Fiberglass shell and not much else. I thought that if the Re-creation had a standard 3 litre flat six and a 915 gearbox then maintenance would not be too difficult either.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

Archived