A 924 article for the Front Engined Fans

Interesting article and also the  comments. Be interesting to see how values go over time. I love the idea of being easy to work on but I would miss the hips of the 944. Porsche just does curves so well and to me the 924 is a little lacking in that department

Thanks for sharing this. The 924 is how Porsche entered my blood stream with my mum having a burgundy one in the mid 80s. I have great memories of us having a drag against a VC Brock Commodore, cruising down the highway rocking along to "Safety Dance" and sadly outgrowing the back seat :( Great little car anyway.

• 1 year later...

It didn’t look half-bad either, with pretty and simple lines penned by Harm Lagaay, who’d eventually be responsible for the 993 and Carrera GT, among others.

I've read lots of things about the 924 however this was new to me. The 924 was really the start of the modern Porsche era with modern construciton processes, lower entry prices and water cooling. In some ways my 911 SC was towards the end of the beginning while my 931 is the beginning of the end.... well hopefully the actual end is still a long way away, hopefully you get my point.

Archived