Parking Sensors?

Hey all,

I noticed while driving a range of Boxsters that one of he first things I loved was the view out the side mirrors.

You seem to look over the rear guards not just past them.

But I also noticed that the rear view is a little limited with regards to parking.

I'm thinking parking sensors might be the go?

So looking for some aftermarket sensors and just as importantly a good company to install them?

Any suggestions eastern suburbs of Melbourne ?

Hey bafe, sorry my car already had them so I don't know of an installer. I don't have them in the front only rear. I must say it has taken some getting used to the front of the car, it forms a point so have found I'm usually much closer to curbs than I first realise. I think they are a great addition to the Boxster.

But given your hips comment I thought I'd add a photo whilst you get some ideas from PFA'ers

cdd2f4a1dca533e14e05cd579890c5ea_zps6f05

• 4 months later...

I've used these on my other cars before and would be perfect for a Porsche or any other prestige car where you didn't want to drill holes or have it obvious.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/No-Drill-No-Holes-Easy-Fit-Car-Parking-Sensor-/170827488114

Thanks for the link, am considering something for the wifes car as she just ripped the front off on a garden bed, I had a look at the site and it says that it has a switch for the front sensor. if you had a front one,do you know if you can you leave it on or do you have to turn it on? because if you have to turn it on I can see that not being done.

I like the idea of no holes being drilled in the car...

(But also had to laugh when they then show a guy drilling a hole in the rear panel to get a cable to the ECU)

but after my recent attempts to do anything on the car turned to sh1t i don't think i should go near it….

just found these. the spiel sounds the same so may be the same but repackaged

I have ordered some and will report when installed

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190849459279?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

They can't be any good, you would need to spend at least 3k on a kit, + fitting, +GST by an endorsed Porsche [Chrysler] technician,

Contact the person in China and tell him that you have cancelled the order and want your 16 bucks back.

You can't be taken for a ride like that.

Dave 

They can't be any good, you would need to spend at least 3k on a kit, + fitting, +GST by an endorsed Porsche [Chrysler] technician,

Contact the person in China and tell him that you have cancelled the order and want your 16 bucks back.

You can't be taken for a ride like that.

Dave

Yeah, like those clay bars that were 1 millionth the price of the maguires ones and worked better

• 4 weeks later...

just found these. the spiel sounds the same so may be the same but repackaged

I have ordered some and will report when installed

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190849459279?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Fitted this to the front of the wifes car yesterday, I hard wired it in as (and she agrees ) that remembering to turn it on may not happen,Its designed to be wired up to the reversing lights but we needed it on the front,I put a connector in line so it can be unplugged when working on the car. It works just like it says on the box picking up even small objects and light plant foliage.

UPDATE  hard wired is no good as it picks up the road during cornering and braking. So if you need it on the front you need to run it through a switch unfortunately. rear is ok as that is only active when reversing lights are on.  BUGGER

Archived