expressions of interest - workshop space

Hi all. I have no room to work or store stuff at home. I looked at renting a shed or workshop but can't justify the expense.

However, if others were interested it would reduce costs down to affordability.

Would anyone be interested in a six or twelve month lease at about $100 - $150pw for workspace or storage?

Plans would include a hoist and other handy equipment.

Got asked this question just 2 weeks ago but the price was $80-100 a week with a hoist etc, etc and approx. 12 people involved, I wont put anymore details on here, but these guys have drift cars, drag cars etc and are pretty well setup. There are some potential problems I suspect in having an arrangement with so many people and their friends all wanting hoist time. 

It would be great and I am still mulling it over as I have a couple of jobs I would like to have a crack at, I'll let you know more when I find out more details.

Oh geez, 12 people. i wouldn't do it personally. If it was like the OP, 1 person, then yes. more people and more cars can be a potential problem because just say something goes missing.. who's to blame? 

To the OP. you've got no room to build a shed? Got a carport? If you've got the space to build or make space to build by knocking things down. build a shed with a high roof and large enough to put your stuff in. 

if you were in Brisbane I'd be all over this like a fat kid on a mars bar.

RussR

I am actually contemplating finding a cheapish workshop to rent/buyand then perhaps rent out to people in need of a workshop area for a day/week etc... not sure how viable it would be. I wouldn't be offering any tools but might get a hoist...

Reckon it's a stupid idea?

RussR

I am actually contemplating finding a cheapish workshop to rent/buyand then perhaps rent out to people in need of a workshop area for a day/week etc... not sure how viable it would be. I wouldn't be offering any tools but might get a hoist...

Reckon it's a stupid idea?

There used to be a guy that did exactly that down Murrarie way, he even put in a spray booth. Was there for years until Toyota bought it and turned it into a car yard.

Same deal, no tools supplied just a hoist and the spray booth(with a compressor & hose, no guns or anything though).

Seemed quite popular back in the day, weekends were (obviously) booked out for months in advance, weekdays no problem.

Not sure about insurance or how liable you would be if some one dropped a car on themselves.

Good luck if you pursue it.

I think the cost of liability insurance may be prohibitive if you were running it as a business

if a group of mates got together and rented a shed or similar and were all well known to each other I guess It wouldn't be that bad

Archived