996 C2 In-car video at the Porsche RS Day 2012

Kelly

This is a video I never posted at the time of the event in 2012. It's the Porsche RS-day at Oulton Park in the UK and this particular session was one where I managed to get out on track with my regular track mates (driving the two black GT3s).

It's about 10 minutes long so it covers the highs & lows including my double messed up gear shift in one corner and the session continues until the car starts to get loose on the final lap.

It's a nice track though and always full of neat Porsches at the RS day.

It's in 1080HD on you tube.

http://youtu.be/bH8jhyQynGk

Nice driving Kelly, but I think it might have been you that was gettin' a little loose, not the car! Carrying a wee bit more speed into the corners me thinks... ;) LOL! Or had it started rain?

Looks like a great circuit except for that little left/right chicane/"s" bend, that looked annoying!

Kerry

Just smashing Kelly!!! Like the "brain fade" gear moment, I'm familiar with that. Some P drivers don't do rain, some don't do dirt roads & I don't do corrugated ripple strips, I was in pain for the suspension.

Nice driving Kelly, but I think it might have been you that was gettin' a little loose, not the car! Carrying a wee bit more speed into the corners me thinks... ;) LOL! Or had it started rain?

Looks like a great circuit except for that little left/right chicane/"s" bend, that looked annoying!

Kerry

LoL, Nice try Kerry. Those last 2 laps were amongst the slower laps of the session. But it was the 10th session of the day and I called it a day at that point. The car was hot as this pic shows, this was taken just a few seconds after the video ended as I began my cool down lap.

heat.jpg

Just smashing Kelly!!! Like the "brain fade" gear moment, I'm familiar with that. Some P drivers don't do rain, some don't do dirt roads & I don't do corrugated ripple strips, I was in pain for the suspension.

I will attest to driving her pretty hard that day. Mind you with a lot of capable cars and drivers on the track, one can't help but feel motivated to put in a worthwhile effort. Truth be known I was looking for my other GT3 friend who I thought was on track at the time. I don't mind rain, I cant see the point in being on dirt roads in my car, I don't mind moderate rumble strips, I just don't do snow anymore after having a bad/expensive day at Cadwell when it looked like this.

snow1.jpg

Thanks for sharing Kelly - enjoyed that immensely.

Noted too the good track manners they all had, wish I could say the same about some of the track days I've done here on my bike.

Glad you guys enjoyed the video. You are quite right about the good manners DB, that was always one of the benefits of an all Porsche day such as the RS days. Trouble is it was one of those events you only got an invite to if you had been before lol.

This one lap video is typical of an  open track day at Oulton. This lap is actually my PB lap at Oulton and then I happen upon 2 guys having a chat in their car ... i was watching them looking at each other and gesturing and paying no attention to what was going on behind them as I sat on their tail getting frustrated... I could have passed on the right but then I'd be getting chatted by the marshalls. Grrrrr!

http://youtu.be/M9ZzDHoH5vc

Archived